How does a Boss ME-20 multi effects compare to a Digitech RP50?

You don't need to tell me to buy single pedals because I know this, but I might start playing in my church worship band and I am going to buy a multi-effects to use there instead of buying a bunch of new pedals I would othewise never use, chorus, etc. Also I would prefer the simplicity of bringing one multi-effects to and from church twice a week. I am asking because I currently own an RP50 that I bought years ago. I have had my eye on the ME-20 for use in my church but if it sounds like the RP50 I don't want it at all as the rp50 is rubbish.

So, is the me20 better than the rp50 or are they about the same tone-wise?

thanks

edit: just some more background info, the only pedal I have right now that i would use in church would be my boss ds-1. i'm not going to buy single pedals as i would most likely be buying a chorus, volume/wah, delay, etc. and i'd rather just spend less and get the multi effects. also at the church tone won't be as much of an importance as the guitars are mainly drowned out by the singing
Last edited by di$TOrTed at Oct 2, 2008,
ha i lolled wen you said u would play in ure church band but ure avatar is Slipknot. kind of reminds me of myself. Christian metalheads ftw!! btw how is ure church band mine is okay just wonderin if there are some real good ones. and i dont really like Digitech, ive played the ME20 and its pretty good. if u have the money look for a used Line 6 POD X3 LIVE. they can do ANYTHING!
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
they both sound amazing

i really think you should buy them both

and at SAMASH THE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT MEGASTORE!
CALL 1-800-4-SAMASH FOR A STORE LOCATION NEAR YOU

OR GO TO SAMASH.COM TO SHOP NOW!
so can anyone tell me if the me20 is a step up from the rp50 or would i be just as disappointed?
ME-20>RP50

that said, they both suck (imo)
Korg AX3000G or used Pod XT or X3
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
If you HAVE to go multi-effects, you should look at a Line 6 POD or a TC Electronics G-Major. Other that that, they are pretty much all shit, especially in a church band where every nuance of your playing will be elementary to the overall sound. Honestly, in a church band, you are better off buying a chorus, wah, delay, OD and boost then making or buying a pedalboard because then you have the range of sounds and tweakability that you will find you wil need in that particualr musical situation. This stuff is not as vital in rock bands as volume can shield a lot more of your playing.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM