I really want to get the a5 and make it into a M4A1 but i just saw this Tippmann Alpha Army Tactical, which looks like the gun i want but the barrel is too short, only like 12 inches.
Here is a picture of it http://www.paintballgear.ca/product/Tippmann_Alpha_Army_Tactical.html?cPath=157_31_650

Could i just buy this gun and and buy an M4 barrel and attach it to the alpha or do a5 Barrels only fit onto other a5 barrels
"This is for the radio, so i better chill
They wont play it, if it go get ill
But im like that and thats an actually fact
Because the street is wher my heart is at"
does anyone here live in Canada and want to sell a tippmann a5?
Stocks are retarded, the just push up your mask and make it hard to shoot with. If you wanna play army, get an airsoft gun.

And to be helpful, you can get barrel adapters to fit different threads
A5 barrels only fits into Tippmann A5's, not 98's, or any other Paintball guns. But i do believe that you can build up a 98 so that A5 pieces fits on it, but it would cost more than an A5 stock.

Check out www.tippmann.com , all the info should be there.

What most Scenario Paintballers do anyway is to buy a A5 stock, and upgrade it with M4 kits, or just buy one that's already set up. And btw.. Tippmann 98's are not good to play with, but you can drive over them with tanks' and they still work. Good for peeps with a low budget, but if you want something good, go for the A5.
Last edited by Klabbhaugen74 at Oct 2, 2008,
You don't NEED a damn 21" barrel. In fact, anything over 14" actually inhibits performance. The compressed air/CO2 needs about 8"-14" inches to consistently accelerate the ball, and after that the air has fully expanded itself. If you put a 21" barrel on you are slowing the ball down slightly and also putting a spin on it, actually making it less accurate than a 14" barrel.

Besides that, why would you get an A5? For the price of a new A5, you could find a used Ion with a compressed air tank and a good hopper. Yes, Ions get a lot of crap but they're actualy excellent markers. It's not quite as reliable as the A5, but as long as you don't over-tighten the banjos and keep a spare 9-volt around you'll be fine. It's much faster, lighter, tighter, more consistent, quiter, and has less recoil than the A5. It's also pretty much weather-proof thanks to its wrap-around body shell.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122
You don't NEED a damn 21" barrel. In fact, anything over 14" actually inhibits performance. The compressed air/CO2 needs about 8"-14" inches to consistently accelerate the ball, and after that the air has fully expanded itself. If you put a 21" barrel on you are slowing the ball down slightly and also putting a spin on it, actually making it less accurate than a 14" barrel.

Besides that, why would you get an A5? For the price of a new A5, you could find a used Ion with a compressed air tank and a good hopper. Yes, Ions get a lot of crap but they're actualy excellent markers. It's not quite as reliable as the A5, but as long as you don't over-tighten the banjos and keep a spare 9-volt around you'll be fine. It's much faster, lighter, tighter, more consistent, quiter, and has less recoil than the A5. It's also pretty much weather-proof thanks to its wrap-around body shell.

Dude, if he wants a Paintball gun that looks like an M4, it's obvious that he's gonna play in the forest. An Ion would be operational for a few minutes before it starts ****ing up, even the wrap-around shell doesn't protect it good enough to play in the forest, not even DM's or Ego's would handle all the rough conditions you're at when you play scenario. It's a low priced, electronic gun, not a solid mechanic one like the Tippmann A5 or 98. Weather conditions, and all that, will in fact, destroy, the Ion.

But.. If you're gonna play Speedball, which is the non-realistic paintball playing, i would go for an Ion to start with ofc.
Last edited by Klabbhaugen74 at Oct 2, 2008,
Don't bother with those types of paintball guns. These days the only choices you have are between electric guns and guns like that that try to emulate real guns. If you want to play army, go airsoft, it's way better. If you want to play paintball, get an electric gun that's light and maneuverable with a high rate of fire.

Back when I played there were some quality guns made by good companies like Autocockers. Those were amazing, so accurate. Nowadays every gun is the same. It's pretty gay. But anyways like I was saying, if you want to play paintball get a speedball gun and play speedball. A million times better than woods games. If you want woods games, airsoft owns paintball. Plus you won't find the arrogant little turds that you'll run into on any paintball field.
We're only strays.
Speedball is retarded.

The reason i quit playing paintball is because all the places I used to go with huge woods courses that you couldn't see the other players at the start went out of business. Not because people didn't play but because of insurance. The only people who can stay in business are the places that have speedball courses because people have to buy 100x more paint.

I miss the days of spreading out and laying ambushes on the other team. /sigh good times good memories.
Quote by ViperScale
Speedball is retarded.

The reason i quit playing paintball is because all the places I used to go with huge woods courses that you couldn't see the other players at the start went out of business. Not because people didn't play but because of insurance. The only people who can stay in business are the places that have speedball courses because people have to buy 100x more paint.

I miss the days of spreading out and laying ambushes on the other team. /sigh good times good memories.

Nah like I said, if you want woodsball play airsoft. Speedball is great because it's nonstop action. As soon as the whistle blows it's a sprint toward the 50 yard line and paint in the air until the last player is out. No boring sitting around.
We're only strays.
i like the sitting around waiting quietly though. Im not going to play speedball.

there are lots of places for me and my freinds to play in fields and forests and also i think the m4 looks sick thats why i want it lol
Quote by Klabbhaugen74
Dude, if he wants a Paintball gun that looks like an M4, it's obvious that he's gonna play in the forest. An Ion would be operational for a few minutes before it starts ****ing up, even the wrap-around shell doesn't protect it good enough to play in the forest, not even DM's or Ego's would handle all the rough conditions you're at when you play scenario. It's a low priced, electronic gun, not a solid mechanic one like the Tippmann A5 or 98. Weather conditions, and all that, will in fact, destroy, the Ion.

But.. If you're gonna play Speedball, which is the non-realistic paintball playing, i would go for an Ion to start with ofc.

Another idiotic electro stereotyper. Ions are reliable as hell. Mine never breaks down and I play both speedball and woodsball. Since you know so much about electros, mind telling me why they're supposedly so unreliable? The Ion operates on an electronically-controlled valve opened and closed by a solenoid. When you pull the trigger, all it does is complete the circuit that allows power through the solenoid coil and the solenoid opens a pneumatic valve. Air pressure can now go to the rear potion of the firing chamber, forcing the bolt forward. It's a stupid-simple design and it's much more reliable than you might think. Oh, and the Ion's performance advantages over the A5 are very useful in the woods, especially its size, weight, and low noise.

Oh, and for your information, my Ion has NEVER broken down. A battery lasts 2 game days before I replace it. All I do is lube upthe o-rings after each day and be gentle with the battery wires, banjo fittings, and air lines inside the marker doing assembly. The electronics of the marker are fail-safe. The majority of Ion problems are caused by faulty o-rings or bad banjo fittings caused by poor maintanence and careless assembly. All it takes to own an Ion is a little care and maintanence. Can't handle it? Too bad. Enjoy your loud, heavy, big, slow, clunky A5.

Quote by ViperScale
Speedball is retarded.

Speedball is an awesome sport. If you can't handle it, too bad. I know many people that love the sport to death. It's fast, exciting, and aggressive. I hate it when woodsballers talk down on speedball when they actually just aren't good enough to play it right.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122

Speedball is an awesome sport. If you can't handle it, too bad. I know many people that love the sport to death. It's fast, exciting, and aggressive. I hate it when woodsballers talk down on speedball when they actually just aren't good enough to play it right.

Yeah Speedball takes more teamwork, athleticism, guts, and just general proficiency with your marker.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Yeah Speedball takes more teamwork, athleticism, guts, and just general proficiency with your marker.

Uh, totally wrong. Speedball is way easier and more simpler and just consists of people shooting as much as they can and hitting opponents. Whoever has the fastest full-auto in speedball wins.

Woodsball is far superior and has a much better feeling of war compared to speedball. Played properly, it's far more tactical.

And what do you mean guts? It doesn't even hurt to get hit in paintball; it takes no more guts to play on a smaller pre-planned map than to play in a forest.

Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Nah like I said, if you want woodsball play airsoft. Speedball is great because it's nonstop action. As soon as the whistle blows it's a sprint toward the 50 yard line and paint in the air until the last player is out. No boring sitting around.

Ah, the ADD generation. Grow a sack and realize that not everything has to be instant gratification to be good. Why should someone play airsoft for woodsball? What an idiotic suggestion.
Last edited by AzureNight at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by AzureNight
Uh, totally wrong. Speedball is way easier and more simpler and just consists of people shooting as much as they can and hitting opponents. Whoever has the fastest full-auto in speedball wins.

Woodsball is far superior and has a much better feeling of war compared to speedball. Played properly, it's far more tactical.

And what do you mean guts? It doesn't even hurt to get hit in paintball; it takes no more guts to play on a smaller pre-planned map than to play in a forest.

No that's the typical outsider's view of Speedball. If you actually played any you'd know that rate of fire means NOTHING. Maybe if you're playing against newbs who do think balls hurt.

EDIT: LOL uuhh actually I was born way before the ADD generation, thank you.
We're only strays.
Well since the limit of my gun knowledge is Call of Duty 4, I suggest putting a red dot sight on and then using stopping power and steady aim perks. :P
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Or you could , you know, spend the extra hundreds of dollars on upgrades that actually effect the performance of your gun, instead of just making you look like a douchebag.

Not looking to troll, just saying.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
A good site to check out foe these kind of upgrades for tippmanns and others is specialopspaintball.com
They sell some pretty gnarly stuff.
UNKNOWN REVOLUTION
/\My Friend's Band/\

Sometimes Goodbye is a Second Chance