hey im looking to buy a new amp and ive been looking at 2 in particular
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Hot-Rod-DeVille-410?sku=480508

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC30CC2-30W-2x12-Custom-Classic-Combo?sku=482620

the things im looking for are a louder amp
right now im using a 40 watt epiphone tube amp and my guitar is a gibson les paul standard
please tell me the pros and cons of the amps listed above or if theres anything i can do to make the amp i own louder and still keep the sound quality
thanks for you help
both are good
or
get a cab
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
The Fender DeVille's have never been good amps to me... Muddy and flimsy sounding distortion... But good cleans.

The AC30 Bright, clear, "Chimey", Very crisp tight distortion.

Both amps are very limited to a classic sound. Don't expect to play metal or anything like that. I strongly suggest trying a spider valve if you have the option cheaper than an AC30 and way more versatile. Feel free to PM for video samples of my AC30 and my Spider Valve.

Good luck with the amp!
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Oh and I should also add the the spider valve is a 40w all tube amp and the AC30 is well... a 30w all tube. The spider valve set at 3 is as loud as the vox set on 6 or 7... Probably one of the loudest combo's I've ever heard.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
There won't be a noticeable volume difference in volume. You want more headroom, right?
Fender Deville: Great cleans, very dynamic, weak OD
AC30: Good cleans, great OD, not as dynamic.
My vote goes toward the AC30, but look at the AC50 for 999 if a 1x12 is ok with you.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
i took a look at the ac50 and im much more impressed and wiling to spend the extra money
i was wondering though if this amp has a more diverse sound
cause i like to play everything and my band likes to jam to many different sounds
If you have that kind of money and you like a lot of sounds, then my suggestion would be to look at a good modeler. A Line6 Flextone or even a used Vetta sound like they may be up your alley.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
AC50 isn't the best with versatility. You're going to want something else....not a Spider Valve.
the bogner alchemist is about to come out. you could try one of those.
I think a Peavey Classic 50 is actually more versatile than the AC50.

Don't judge me.
hey im deciding between ac50 and peavy 50
and im wondering is it better to have 4 10 inch speakers or 2 12 inch speakers
i dont know much about amp components and stuff so thanks for tolerating any stupid questions i ask

Don't judge me.
What Peavey 50? I would automatically suggest the Vox because I don't like Peavey's much, but for someone else to give you an unbiased opinion you're gonna have to say exactly what Peavey.

I still suggest if you're playing a lot of stuff to look at a Flextone or used Vetta.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Sure. I'd hit the Maverick, Nomad, and Twin Reverb especially.

Don't judge me.
So he posts looking for a dynamic all around sound so someone posts a list of great metal, clean and classic crunch amps? He wants one affordable amp not 12. I agree with the Line 6/Vox Valvetronix suggestion. I've been preaching all over this website about the spider valve which I own... and I also a Vox Valvetronix 120VTX... The vox is cheaper but the line 6 sounds better. Both amps offer a huge amount of versatility for you.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
I have a fender hotrod deluxe (little sister of the deville) i find it to be amazing. yea, if you what BR00TAL distortion, it, by itself, won't get it. however, i have found that with the proper pedal set-up, this thing will flat out rock.

just something to consider
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I prefer the AC30 to AC50 to be honest.

Keep in mind that the AC50 is not just a louder version of the AC30, it sounds tonally different.
Quote by H_ngm_n
So he posts looking for a dynamic all around sound so someone posts a list of great metal, clean and classic crunch amps? He wants one affordable amp not 12..

It depends on what the primary use is for the TS. theo posted very good stuff. He should check these out. Don't be offended that this TS may not want to get what you have.

TS - you sir have a nice little dilemma now don't you?
Quote by H_ngm_n
So he posts looking for a dynamic all around sound so someone posts a list of great metal, clean and classic crunch amps? He wants one affordable amp not 12. I agree with the Line 6/Vox Valvetronix suggestion. I've been preaching all over this website about the spider valve which I own... and I also a Vox Valvetronix 120VTX... The vox is cheaper but the line 6 sounds better. Both amps offer a huge amount of versatility for you.

I'm not sure why you have a problem with me offering him a good number of options. Most of those are great amps, and I would venture that they are far better than your Spider Valve or a Valvetronix....
The point is for him to try them, not swoop down and buy them based on what I say.

Don't judge me.
theo - why are you starting so many fights today? See what being a nice guy can get you?

TS - get. on. the. phone.
Quote by gregs1020
theo - why are you starting so many fights today? See what being a nice guy can get you?

My liberties are restricted (I'm at Belmont University, site of the 2nd 2008 Presidential Town Hall Debate). Secret Service are everywhere, and I'm sick. Mostly I'm still pissed from that kid last night. But you're right. My bad.

Don't judge me.
Quote by istoleyocar
hey im looking to buy a new amp and ive been looking at 2 in particular
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Hot-Rod-DeVille-410?sku=480508

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC30CC2-30W-2x12-Custom-Classic-Combo?sku=482620

the things im looking for are a louder amp
right now im using a 40 watt epiphone tube amp and my guitar is a gibson les paul standard
please tell me the pros and cons of the amps listed above or if theres anything i can do to make the amp i own louder and still keep the sound quality
thanks for you help

Id take the deluxe over the deville, the deville is just ridiculously heavy and huge. The blues deluxe is worth a good look too.

The hot rod has amazinnnngly awesome chimey bright cleans, i wouldnt say the drive sucks, it okay by my standards, but im pretty sure the AC30s is much nicer.
The AC30s cleans are alot thicker and middier and more vintage.

Ive heard lots of complaints about the AC50, that amp is butchery seriously, metal, on an AC? Madness I tell ye.
Well if he wants versatility from one amp posting 7 that all are good one genre doesnt get him to far now does it theo? so in this thread, looking for a versatile amp thats good all around a valvetronix or a spider valve is better in my opinion.

I'm not offended that he didnt want what I offered... I could give a ****. He said versatile and I know both those amps are so I told him that.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
Quote by H_ngm_n
Well if he wants versatility from one amp posting 7 that all are good one genre doesnt get him to far now does it theo? so in this thread, looking for a versatile amp thats good all around a valvetronix or a spider valve is better in my opinion.

I'm not offended that he didnt want what I offered... I could give a ****. He said versatile and I know both those amps are so I told him that.

What makes you think those amps aren't versatile? Because they aren't modelers? Do you ever adjust your settings or use more than just one guitar? You are offended, and bitter.

Theo I didnt mean to step on anyones toes, I was actually a little pissed off when I hit this thread because I was reading the posts on the Line 6 Review and I was amazed at the amount of morons in this place. I hope the TS finds an amazing amp... I've been through a good many and again I'd be more than happy to tell you my experience before you buy... Just PM me... Sorry to everyone for coming off as rude. good luck to the TS.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
Quote by H_ngm_n
Theo I didnt mean to step on anyones toes, I was actually a little pissed off when I hit this thread because I was reading the posts on the Line 6 Review and I was amazed at the amount of morons in this place. I hope the TS finds an amazing amp... I've been through a good many and again I'd be more than happy to tell you my experience before you buy... Just PM me... Sorry to everyone for coming off as rude. good luck to the TS.

It's cool, man. I just don't really think those amps are as limited as you make them out to be, especially considering the other options that were on the table.

Don't judge me.