For the past year, I've finally been recording some of my music...through a 1/4"-->1/8" adapter plugged into the back of my computer (from the line out on my amp), & Audacity for software.

But finally, I've realized I should just pony up some cash in the name of quality.

I want to run my geet through a mic --> interface --> pc setup, but I don't know where to start. I can't spend more than $300, & I want a quality sound. Alternatively, I'm thinking of buying a USB tripod mic, but I don't know if that will destroy my latency/quality.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TL;DR
what is a good sub-$300 mic/interface combo?

EDIT: it would be used only for solo guitar (acoustic & electric) & vocal recordings
Quote by by metallicafan616

is pent scale just

-5-7-
-5-7-
-5-8-
-5-7-
-5-7-
-5-8-

phail
Quote by 4e574e57363g

and how the fuck do i treat ant bites on my dickhead?!?
Last edited by BufordTJustice at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by BufordTJustice
For the past year, I've finally been recording some of my music...through a 1/4"-->1/8" adapter plugged into the back of my computer (from the line out on my amp), & Audacity for software.

But finally, I've realized I should just pony up some cash in the name of quality.

I want to run my geet through a mic --> interface --> pc setup, but I don't know where to start. I can't spend more than $300, & I want a quality sound. Alternatively, I'm thinking of buying a USB tripod mic, but I don't know if that will destroy my latency/quality.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TL;DR
what is a good sub-$300 mic/interface combo?

EDIT: it would be used only for solo guitar (acoustic & electric) & vocal recordings

1.Fasttrack USB MXL Mic Mate ($50). Art Tube MP Project if you want a limiter ($99).

If you have plans for using two microphones when playing acoustic, I'd look into the Tapco USB link, since it has phantom power and actually comes with some good quality music software. It's $150.

2. SM57 (electric)
3. Sterling Audio ST51 (voice and acoustic).

$300 total. (299.95 to be exact). Then get some headphones, and later monitors.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Oct 3, 2008,
A fair setup^. I think that's about the best you can get for the price. I've never heard of that Sterling, is it a condenser? Because I don't think the Fast Track has phantom power.
There is poetry in despair.
Thanks fridge. I've fixed it.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101