I am in the market for a new guitar once I sell my old one. I am really looking for one with a very fast and comfortable neck. When looking at the specs of the Wizard II neck compared to the jackson pro series necks you see that both necks are very similar in basic specs with the exception of the radius stats. I recently saw some good deals on Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR guitars as well as the sun set hellraiser FR. WAs just wondering how the schecter necks compare to the jackson or ibanez necks. Ive played both the Wizard II neck and the Jackson Pro series necks and ive liked them alot. Schecters arent really stocked in my area so I havent gotten a chance to try out a schecter neck so I was wondering if anyone had the specs on these necks or any good indication on a comparison of these necks. From the search I mostly heard "schecter necks are thicker than ibanez necks but thinner than les paul necks" . This is interesting and most likely true but more opinionated and I was wondering if anyone had the specs or anything more solid then "schecter necks are thicker than ibanez necks but thinner than les paul necks". Thanks in advance.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
C-1 Hellraiser:
Thickness at 1st fret: 21mm
thickness at 12th fret: 22.5mm
FB radius: 13.8"
Shape: Thin U
Nut wudth: 42mm
Width at 12th fret: 52.7mm
Sunset:
The same
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
C-1 Hellraiser:
Sunset:
The same

Ibanez: As thin as physically possible.
Width at nut: 43mm
Width at last fret: 56mm
Thickness at 1st fret: 19mm
Thickness at 12th fret: 21mm
Radius: 400mm
Quote by Deep*Kick
C-1 Hellraiser:
Sunset:
The same

Thanks alot man! Just 2 questions if you dont mind what is radius exactly? and where exectly did you find this info?
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Schecters are more rounded off, but not as thick as Les Pauls. They aren't flat like Ibanez ones, but I am a big fan of Schecter necks. Check out you're local guitar center and give them a whirl.
Quote by pacoasterrider
Schecters are more rounded off, but not as thick as Les Pauls. They aren't flat like Ibanez ones, but I am a big fan of Schecter necks. Check out you're local guitar center and give them a whirl.

Canada has no guitar centers unfortunately. I'd really love access to the used gear database at GC that americans get.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Slanderous666
Canada has no guitar centers unfortunately. I'd really love access to the used gear database at GC that americans get.

It's not the same as going into the store though. I see lots of stuff that isn't online in the stores. I tried a c-7 a couple weeks back at GC. I didnt really like it. It was thicker than ibanez but still had that flat neck. I prefer the fat, round, '59 les paul style A necks.
Well i don't have that big of a technical aspect about it but i own a C-1 Hellraiser FR so....
Basically the neck is pretty thick, not as bad as a les paul. In fact I favor the feel it has, and despite the size its a fast neck, its made for a fast genre. I love my hellraiser, however theres no doubt its much thicker than an Ibby neck if its that big of an issue
Gear:
Fender Blues delux reissue
Boss GT-10
Schecter C1 Hellraiser!
ESP LTD EC-1000!
I have trouble doing barre chords, so I am also worrying about the thickness. I am playing on an acoustic 3/4 scale guitar I had when I was 9 (I'm 14 btw, the whole story is a bit complicated, if you wanna hear it, PM me). I'm interested in this guitar (found one used, with OFR and 85/81 $400).
Its not as thin as the ibanez wizard necks... There is quite a difference, the hellraiser's neck is much more full and round, while the wizard necks are pretty flat. I own a hellraiser and have played a few ibanez's with the wizard neck and I very much dislike the wizard necks, its something you would have to see for yourself.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300