Considering how expensive Gibson is, I've looked into the realm of Edwards, Tokai, and other brands for a Les Paul. But my question is, just because it's CIJ/MIJ, does that necessarily mean it's good quality? In example, on eBay at the moment there is a '78 Greco going for $635. A good quality awesome find? Or a kind of "meh" quality guitar?
Edwards are pretty awesome. That is all I have to say.
Yeah, they're cheaper and range from almost as good to better
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by imgooley
Edwards are pretty awesome. That is all I have to say.

Yes, and I agree with you most rightly, but if I can save a couple hundred on something that's still pretty damn good, I'm not complaining that's for sure.
Yes. Japanese made guitars are generally very reliable and great quality. They have very strict quality control in the factories in Japan so they tend to produce great guitars.
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
i want the black edwards explorer!!!

That's nice, but I'd rather get this one-
Check my profile for pictures of my Orville LP Custom.

I love it, feels and sounds better than most Gibson customs I tried out.
MIJ or not there still shitty guitars everywhere. You have to know what you're buying.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

The Tokai Japanese guitars are great, I have a les paul copy, but I am after a telecaster copy.
Tokai make guitars for fender in japan
Quote by hminh87
MIJ or not there still shitty guitars everywhere. You have to know what you're buying.

he meant in general
in general, MIJ is good, but as said, you could always get a lemon if you're very unlucky (or second-hand, there's no guarantee it hasn't been mistreated)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In the 60s, made in Japan usually meant shit. They improved their manufacturing massively in the 70s around the same time American brands dropped in quality. Nowadays Japanese stuff is generally pretty good if only because there are much cheaper places to turn out junk.
Quote by Iceman 420
In example, on eBay at the moment there is a '78 Greco going for $635. A good quality awesome find?

Definatly a possible super axe.

Old greco's are splendid. They are on par with Gibson Les Paul standards quality, just like old Tokai's, old Burny's and old Orvilles. Edwards is pretty good too.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
that too. EDIT: just realised LP posted just before I did- my reply was to smb, but i'd also agree with what LP said.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 6, 2008,
Quote by smb
In the 60s, made in Japan usually meant shit. They improved their manufacturing massively in the 70s around the same time American brands dropped in quality. Nowadays Japanese stuff is generally pretty good if only because there are much cheaper places to turn out junk.

+1. I think $700 is a lot for a Greco though... I looked at one (maybe it was a Univox come to think of it) a few months back for like $300.
$635 for a '78 Greco? Get it before I do

(joking; seriously, get it if you like it, chances are it's as good as a Gibson LP Standard)
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Some MIJ guitars are great and some aren't. I like to play a guitar before I buy it so I can check it out myself.

chances of you trying out one before buying is very slim consider not many stores carries them in the us,
Greco did Gibson better than Gibson. I own one and love it to death.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by kckyle
chances of you trying out one before buying is very slim consider not many stores carries them in the us,

I know. Sometimes a used one pops up but it's rare. I've seen one at my local guitar shop and another at pawn shop in a town about 50 miles from here.