I know this program exists, because I've used it before. It was about ten years ago at the local guitar shop. WHat It did was this: I plugged my guitar into the computer, played something, and the program did an auto-tab thing. Like wrote out the tab right there on the screen as I was playing it. It kinda lagged on Slayer/Megadeth type stuff, but this was ten or eleven years ago, back when computers were basically big typewriters that gave you brain cancer.
I have no idea what that program was or where to find it. I imagine it would be extremely useful for tabbing out solos, just play an MP3 and let it do it's thing.
DOes anybody have any idea what the program was? or even a program like it?
There's about a million reasons that doesn't even sound possible.

But if you've actually used it, color me impressed.
You're*
how would it know which string to put the notes on?
and I doubt it would be able to do harmonies or really fast stuff

but if it exists it would be amazing. I hope it exists, but I have some serious doubt

edit: look what i found
http://www.simtel.net/product.php[id]83338[sekid]0[SiteID]simtel.net

I don't think it would work with an mp3, but if you can already play something and you're not sure how to play it then it's your lucky day
Last edited by qstionauthority at Oct 3, 2008,
i found this:
Nvm the link
Its free but its got some crappy zango thing
probably a virus or spyware

Use the link the poster above me gave. Its the same program without the zango thing
Last edited by Plarx at Oct 3, 2008,
Quote by Survivalism
There's about a million reasons that doesn't even sound possible.

But if you've actually used it, color me impressed.

And there's about a million reasons why it sounds easily possible
Don't doubt computers.

It's very possible
Note recognition.
Sorta like a tuner, the computer tells what note it is, then would place it in the proper spot on the tab.
Kinda like importing a midi into powertab.
It's really not that difficult actually (not that I know how to do it)

Anyway, I don't know the answer to your question, I apologize. If I find anything, I'll let you know