Hey Guys,

I have for sale my Ovation Legend 1117-4. This is a great guitar and very rare these days. Unlike most Ovation's this model is acoustic only.

It had been kept in storage in a house that was climate controlled all of its life, however it has the typical signs of a dried out Ovation. Lately I have been slowly humidifying it in my apartment.

The guitar needs repair and if you take a good look at my attached pictures you can get a better idea.

In excellent condition a Legend like this on ebay would go anywhere from $400-700 dollars plus $60.00 for shipping.

In this condition I'm asking $200 dollars shipped to your door (continental US).

The neck is straight but can use some adjustment. I am far from a guitar expert. I'd love to see somebody restore it to its glory and use it as their gigging guitar.

Please see pictures and PM me with offers.

Thanks!

Mike
Attachments:
Ovation 1117-4.JPG
Ovation Grommet Hole.JPG
Ovation Top 1.JPG
Ovation Top 2.JPG
Ovation Top 3.JPG
Darkice,

I have no idea... I have never gotten a guitar repaired that would take some research on your part. I would recommend giving Ovation a call as their service center will be able to perform the best work on an Ovation.
I believe they have a lifetime warranty on their guitars.
The guitar was made in 1975.

Mike
TinyPants,

The large crack from the bridge to the base is a crack in the wood. The other cracks appear to be cracks in the finish however I cannot be certain. I can take closer pictures for those very interested.

Thanks!

Mike
Bumpity bump... I'm not gonna hold on to her too much longer before putting her on ebay.

If you are seriously interested shoot me a message.

Mike
Quote by thatracer
Darkice,

I have no idea... I have never gotten a guitar repaired that would take some research on your part. I would recommend giving Ovation a call as their service center will be able to perform the best work on an Ovation.
I believe they have a lifetime warranty on their guitars.
The guitar was made in 1975.

Mike

Darkice I have had my Ovation repaired and they did the work for free but it took
almost a year before I got it back and the top is still crackin,they never did figure how to combine the graphite back to the top so I figure thats the problem,never did
see an older ovation without cracks in the top,but 200 bucks is not a bad deal either.