Page 1 of 2
i truly do not want to vote. it's not because i'm lazy.

i live in south dakota, which has 3 electoral votes. california has 55. i do not see how my vote could possibly matter as long as the electoral college is still in place. also, i don't like how we basically only have 2 choices. neither mccain nor obama share all of my views, so how can i choose one over the other? if there is an independent candidate who does share all my views, it doesn't matter because he won't win.

does anyone else feel this way?
yeah.. [edit: yeah there are others who feel this way, not yeah you are wrong for not wanting to vote]

i'm voting for nader, even though my state will without question go for obama

i don't care.. i just wanna show support
Last edited by blackflag49 at Oct 3, 2008,
No, you're not wrong. You're given the choice to vote. It isn't a law that you have to.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
The popular vote doesn't even matter because our system is flawed. A candidate can lose the popular vote and still win because of the electoral votes. That's why I'm not going to waste my time voting.
Voting isn't about making a difference with only one vote, it's about voicing yourself in a democracy. One vote won't matter but I'm sure there are 20 million other people in the country that feel the same way and 20 million votes is a lot.
yes you are

id kill to vote and you're just throwing yours away
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Well you don't HAVE to, but you really should. Even if it doesn't make a big difference (because it makes a difference, just a really tiny one ). And yea, I don't like the electoral college either.
The only reason somebody that can vote shouldn't vote, is if they have no real opinion on politics, or if they can't think of anybody they'd like as president. So no, you're not wrong.
you still have things in your town/state to vote for...
In heaven, all interesting people are absent.
Quote by maniac111
The only reason somebody that can vote shouldn't vote, is if they have no real opinion on politics, or if they can't think of anybody they'd like as president. So no, you're not wrong.

They should cross out the selections and write, "Moe Howard" in there.

We need to push for studies on resurrection.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill

**** that, I'm voting for Santa!
Quote by Jack Off Jill

I would rather vote for Moe Szyslak.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I'd feel guilty if i didn't vote i think. Theres millions of people in the world who would give their genitals to be allowed to vote in a free election. I'm not saying you have to, but you should take the opportunity if you have it.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
**** that, I'm voting for Santa!

Santa exploits midgets, there is no way he should be put into office. Traitor.

Plus, he's a farner.
Quote by vintage x metal

Go look at a map of the red states and the blue states in the 2004 election. Those small votes add up.

But no, you're not wrong about feeling like you have no one to vote for. I feel completely betrayed by both campaigns and have no desire to see either in the oval office. My game plan as of right now is just to mark the write in box, and for the name just write, "NO."

Actually, I'm not sure my ballot has a write in box. I can't remember from 2004.

Either way, don't vote for a candidate you don't want to win.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Santa exploits midgets, there is no way he should be put into office. Traitor.

Plus, he's a farner.

Oh, so suddenly you care about little people, but you still call them by that derogatory term? Hypocrite!
If you dont vote, you dont get to have a say in any political conversation, because you had the chance to cast your vote and you didnt. The one day where your "voice" as it were is even taken into the slightest consideration and you choose to waive that right, therefore in any following social discussions the same applies.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
Quote by darkstar2466
I would rather vote for Moe Szyslak.

Remember that episode of the Simpsons where Apu is almost deported, as well as all the other immigrants, like Bumblebee Man, Groundskeeper Willie, etc, etc? Well, Moe was almost deported, too. Which implies that he's not an american born citizen.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Remember that episode of the Simpsons where Apu is almost deported, as well as all the other immigrants, like Bumblebee Man, Groundskeeper Willie, etc, etc? Well, Moe was almost deported, too. Which implies that he's not an american born citizen.

Moe was gonna be deported for being too ugly
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
It's a shame that we take for granted voting in this country. I understand that there is a sense of helplessness and despair knowing that ONE vote can do very little in this country, but many people have died for you to have the right, the privilege, to vote. In one sense, to not vote is to not support the forefathers that died for us, separating us from the monarchy of Britain and giving us a country where we at least have say, no matter how small that say may be. So although I don't think you must vote, I do think you should explore the values and principles you hold in deciding to vote.

Now as to who to vote for, yes it often seems that our choices are limited. As the picture above and South Park pointed out, most elections are between a big giant douche and a turd. And even if you don't whole heartedly agree with one or the other, more than likely there is one candidate who supports more of your beliefs than the other. This is one of your ONLY chances to have a say in what goes on in this country for the next 4 years. Your vote is your voice. In other words, if you do not vote, I believe you forfeit your right to complain about this country. Just because your vote won't win, doesn't mean you shouldn't support the person you do.

Think of it this way, your favorite band may never know that you bought ONE of their CD's, but that doesn't mean they don't appreciate your support. Getting support isn't about getting thousands of people to believe you, it's about getting one person to believe you, and doing it over thousands and thousands of times.....
Quote by Jack Off Jill

coz hes an ugly mofo
I came here to drink milk and kick ass.

... And I've just finished my milk.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Moe was gonna be deported for being too ugly

Yo mama was going to be deported for being too ugly.

..I'm sorry.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by schecter_guy
i truly do not want to vote. it's not because i'm lazy.

i live in south dakota, which has 3 electoral votes. california has 55. i do not see how my vote could possibly matter as long as the electoral college is still in place. also, i don't like how we basically only have 2 choices. neither mccain nor obama share all of my views, so how can i choose one over the other? if there is an independent candidate who does share all my views, it doesn't matter because he won't win.

does anyone else feel this way?
erm, let's see. if the election is close 3 electoral votes might make ALL the difference. And if too many of the supporters for the candidate you favor do as you do - stay home - then your state will be lost by him, when it might have been won.

MORE importantly, do you think President is the only office being voted on? Dude, there are other positions being voted on, some of them right in your own town, where they will have a direct impact on your life.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
It isn't required and the choice is yours. You have to decide for yourself. One thing I will say though is that I personally believe anyone who plans on voting has a responsibility to do as much as they can to make the most informed decision they possibly can. I'm not saying this to you, but everyone in general. I think far less of someone who votes but does so recklessly/for reasons that are beyond the real purpose of voting (an example being "well it would be awesome to have a black president" or "I've always been republican so I don't even need to know anything about the current candidate to know who I'm voting for") than someone who simply decided not to vote. This is just my opinion though and I realize that everyone has (and should have) the right to decide for themselves.

I realized this more then ever recently because I've been way to uninformed. I wasn't doing enough to find out as much as I can and I've been trying to to fix that.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
One of the mayors of New York said something like this:
"If you agree, with 7 out of 10 of my views, vote for me. If you agree with 10 out of 10 of my views, see a psychiatrist."
Just vote for the one you agree with the most.
You could always do what I did, find someone who is going to vote for the opposite candidate and both of you agree to stay home and not vote. It's essentially the same as you both voting, but saves a lot of headache.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
your vote doesn't count. that's how it is, you're not wrong. i'm with you on that.
The electoral college is stupid. But rarely does a president lose the popular vote and win the electoral vote. So I guess every vote counts. I could understand not voting in this election. Though when I'm elligible, I'm going to vote in every election I can. I could understand not wanting to vote for Obama because he's an idiot, and not wanting to vote for McCain because he doesn't know anything (hmmm...). So don't vote. It's your choice. I'd personally vote for McCain, but I'm not gonna be old enough by the time November comes around. Oh well. **** it. 4 years of Obama... Here we come... *sigh...*
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
It's ok not to vote, what shits me is people who don't vote, then complain about the government.
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
Quote by civilunrest
It's ok not to vote, what shits me is people who don't vote, then complain about the government.

Because whether you vote or not, you can't change the government. Only the people in it.

Btw, just thought I'd let everyone know who wants to vote for Obama, he doesn't even know how many states are in the country he wants to be the leader of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
Last edited by dethskar0 at Oct 3, 2008,
Quote by dethskar0
Because whether you vote or not, you can't change the government. Only the people in it.

Btw, just thought I'd let everyone know who wants to vote for Obama, he doesn't even know how many states are in the country he wants to be the leader of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

He's counting all the different countries you control by proxy...

But seriously, my country you have to vote, and I think its good, everyone should have an opinion, but your electoral system is ****ed up, you should change that.
Quote by Supertait
I'd feel guilty if i didn't vote i think. Theres millions of people in the world who would give their genitals to be allowed to vote in a free election. I'm not saying you have to, but you should take the opportunity if you have it.

Most people in the world have a totally skewed view of America overall, let alone our government. Some dude in Eastern Europe that watches re-runs of Miami Vice likes to think he knows some shit about our country, but he doesn't. Those people wouldn't give their genitals if they found out their vote does 0 to choose the president, and is just a big show to keep the people thinking they are in control.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by BrokenBricks
Most people in the world have a totally skewed view of America overall, let alone our government. Some dude in Eastern Europe that watches re-runs of Miami Vice likes to think he knows some shit about our country, but he doesn't. Those people wouldn't give their genitals if they found out their vote does 0 to choose the president, and is just a big show to keep the people thinking they are in control.

Least the guy has a little more knowledge of your country and its culture and politics than your government has on all the nations it decides to invade.
Page 1 of 2