At the moment I have two amps, not counting my first little practice amp, a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT and a Fender Roc Pro 1000. Now the Vox is only 30 Watts but has lots of effects and stuff and an average sound. The Fender is a 100 Watt Hybrid and is loud as, has no effects bar reverb, and has a rather nice clean channel and OK distortion.

For practice I pretty much always use by TonePort KB37 through my computer as it's easy and the sounds from Gearbox are pretty good.

So I'm thinking about selling my Valvetronix and maybe buying a PODXT Live or the POD X3 Live as my amp will certainly be loud enough for a band setting and I like the versatility and effects on my TonePort. Even if my computer crashed or something I still have a Behringer practice amp if i need it.

Just wanted someone else's opinion on if this is a good move, and if the extra features on the X3 are that much better than the XT.

Thanks.

EDIT: I play pretty much everything from The Shadows to The Cure to Faith No More to Megadeth.
Quote by Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Fish don't gots no good metal to listens to.
Last edited by burntfacedog at Oct 3, 2008,
I've owned an X3 Live for about a year and i love it. It has a great sound and is very versatile. Also, it's got more effects and can be used for bass and vocals too.

I think you should go for it though i'm not sure if i'd want to get rid of an amp for it.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
I've owned an X3 Live for about a year and i love it. It has a great sound and is very versatile. Also, it's got more effects and can be used for bass and vocals too.

I think you should go for it though i'm not sure if i'd want to get rid of an amp for it.

It's an amp I don't really use and I'm thinking of selling it to my jamming buddy who uses his dad's amp but doesn't have one of his own.
Quote by burntfacedog
It's an amp I don't really use and I'm thinking of selling it to my jamming buddy who uses his dad's amp but doesn't have one of his own.

Ok then no problem.

The X3 has more effects and extra amps/cabs aimed at metal music that aren't in the XT. The bundle pack itself costs around 40 or 50 dollars i think for the XT. I guess you could just get the X3 instead.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
Ok then no problem.

The X3 has more effects and extra amps/cabs aimed at metal music that aren't in the XT. The bundle pack itself costs around 40 or 50 dollars i think for the XT. I guess you could just get the X3 instead.

Cool. I think this actually sounds like a decent plan. Thanks for your help.
Big thumbs up on the X3. The XT is great, but if the X3 is in your budget it's worth it.
Two amps with two different effects chains simultaneously, a bunch more amp models, and my favorite:
An XLR input so you can use an A/B box between the X3 and your amp, and then play through two simulated amps and a real mic'd one all through your POD. It can be 3 XTs at once if you're creative