I'd say he's the United States most badass president. What do you think?
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Andrew Jackson was an idiot who had no business being in the oval office. This area of American History is my focus period in college, but it's 3:30 in the morning and I have an essay to write. I'll debate later.
no
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
no other American President was as badass as Old Hickory. He dueled constantly and believed in the spoils system. I say the only bad thing he did though was decimate the Native Americans through his federal actions.
Gear:
Fender Telecaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickup
Epi Les Paul SH-2/SH-11
Fender Blues Jr.

Fender Jazz Bass w/ Badass II Bridge & Custom Shop '69 Pickups
Fender P-Bass w/ Basslines 1/4lb. pickup
Ibanez GSR200
Fender Bassman 150
I liked Jackson.

He dueled one of the greatest marksmen in the United States and defeated him by letting the man shoot him first. Talk about guts.
Badass. Often duelled people with his walking stick. One of his presidential campaigns involved slurs against the opposition calling them pedo's. Guy tried to assassinate him, failed, then Old Hickory beat the shit out of him with his cane.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by IncendiumMortem
no other American President was as badass as Old Hickory. He dueled constantly and believed in the spoils system. I say the only bad thing he did though was decimate the Native Americans through his federal actions.

The spoils system is the worst thing to happen to politics... ever.
Quote by sixfinger'd
Grant FTW! (because the 50 dollar bill looks bad ass, and its because of him. Seriously, he has a bad ass portrait)

And a hugely corrupt administration. Win!
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I heard from one of his soldiers that he was as tough as hickory.
Quote by KFKing
I heard from one of his soldiers that he was as tough as hickory.

He was certainly a war hero (though the war was over when he won he battle), but soldiers rarely fare well as President.

William Henry Harrison- Died in a month
Zachary Taylor- Died after a year
Ulysses S. Grant- Suffered from ineffective leadership and a corrupt cabinet
James A. Garfield- Died after a couple months (assassinated)
Dwight G. Eisenhower- Fairly ineffective, didn't support desegregation until it looked as if he'd lose re-election.
John F. Kennedy- Assassinated

The only ones that really did okay for themselves were Washington and Theodore Roosevelt. War hereos don't always make good presidents.
Quote by diminishedtobme
Its all about that Samuel Adams. Mans a ****in beer!!!

Samuel Adams was the second cousin of John Adams, our second president. Samuel Adams was not only a brewer but an activist in favor of revolution from Britain. Samuel Adams is my favorite beer though.
Quote by C_Miller
He was certainly a war hero (though the war was over when he won he battle), but soldiers rarely fare well as President.

Dwight G. Eisenhower- Fairly ineffective, didn't support desegregation until it looked as if he'd lose re-election.

The only ones that really did okay for themselves were Washington and Theodore Roosevelt. War hereos don't always make good presidents.

But he did preside over one of the largest periods of economic growth our country has ever seen.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
But he did preside over one of the largest periods of economic growth our country has ever seen.

Mmmhmm, but I've always been part of the belief system that many key parts of the American economy do not lie with the President. Also, he was a firm believer in laissez-faire economy and the Government shouldn't play apart, thus giving him even less power in the economic growth of the country. I think that a lot of the reason why the economy began to boom was because all of the new jobs that were created in the 50s to keep up with new technology.

On the flip-side, he presided over the biggest era of social unrest and paranoia the country has ever seen. African Americans were just beginning to get recognized, yet he refused to send troops in aid of them as they went to school and what not. If it wasn't unpopular, he would have continued to do it. He also never renounced anti-communism sentiment by doing which, he semi-approved of it. He could have stomped down, but McCarthy was allowed to run rampent in Congress.

He seemed to be very big on staying out of everything...
Andrew Jackson stinks!

he's been dead for over 163 years. ya didn't think he was gonna smell like roses, did ya?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Teddy Roosevelt without a doubt a serious baddass
You are now blinking manually
jackson was a badass, but roosevelt was much cooler.

my us history teacher claims that he's a distant relative of jackson, it's pretty funny. i do respect andrew because he took serious advantage of his presidential power and therefore actually did something unlike some presidents. but seriously, roosevelt = the sex.
Sent from my iPad.
Does anyone else call many presidents from the 19th century by their shortened names? I.E. Andy Jack and Tom Jeff?
Jackson was pretty much a douchebag, imo.

He didn't uphold constitutional law unless it advantaged him, what kind of asshole is that.

/likeBush,eh.
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
Andrew Jackson was a bigot asshole who treated the rightful owners the land like they were nothing but vermin.

No, he's not one of my favorites.
Quote by paintITblack39
jackson was a badass, but roosevelt was much cooler.

my us history teacher claims that he's a distant relative of jackson, it's pretty funny. i do respect andrew because he took serious advantage of his presidential power and therefore actually did something unlike some presidents. but seriously, roosevelt = the sex.

Chubby chaser.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I'm not sure if I should be proud or ultimately disturbed that I'm related to Andrew Jackson. He's in my family tree...
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Jackson: I'm gonna go kick the Cherokees out of Georgia, 'k?
Supreme Court: lolwut
Jackson: I'm gonna go kick the Cherokees out of Georgia, 'k?
Supreme Court: no u
Jackson: Well, fuck. ...I'm gonna do it anyway.

^That was a bit of a dick move, but I can admire the balls behind it, sure.

Lincoln is still where it's at.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Andrew Jackson stinks!

he's been dead for over 163 years. ya didn't think he was gonna smell like roses, did ya?
I expected a funnier joke from you.

Teddy Roosevelt is cooler. He hunted elephants and rhinos.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by sixfinger'd
Grant FTW! (because the 50 dollar bill looks bad ass, and its because of him. Seriously, he has a bad ass portrait)

most historians agree that grant was the single worst president in the history of the united states. he only was reelected for a second term because of his war hero status.

Quote by C_Miller

john mccain?......

EDIT:
my vote is for william taft. after looking at his wiki page, this is a quote from it. most likely fake, but still made me lol.

One of his secretaries, formally known as his right hand man, described Willam Taft by saying, "He was fat...and he liked it...and he played with it often." This quote came from a time when the secretary walked in on Taft playing with his fat.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Oct 3, 2008,
Eisenhower wasn't too bad of a president, he was responsible for the connection of the United States via interstate highways, my hat is off to him for that.
James K. Polk is where it's at.
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
Quote by KickOutTheJamsX
James K. Polk is where it's at.

wat did he do and who was he
"Andrew Jackson, in the foyer of the White House, had a big block of cheese."

If you got the reference, you're probably a geek. Like me.
"Music is all about wanting to be better at it."

~Geddy Lee

Quote by titsmcgee852
Hahaha. Probably the best post i've seen from an 08'er.

He was talking about me.
Quote by element4433
I expected a funnier joke from you.
aw, man. don't put me on a pedestal. i do what i can, when i can.

Andrew Jackson:

Michael Jackson:

there a joke in there somewhere. you figure it out.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by fallenangel20
Andrew Jackson was a bigot asshole who treated the rightful owners the land like they were nothing but vermin.

No, he's not one of my favorites.

Chubby chaser.

he wasn't fat. plus, it's his mustache and glasses which really get me.
Quote by I Be Andyy
We share the same first name.

heathen.
Sent from my iPad.