Because apparently stainless steal outlasts nickle by 10 to 15 years... (is this right?)
"It sounded so good and when i put it on a Line 6 Spider with a Zoom guitar efect petal it sounded so good" - Dean SplitTail review on musicians friend
I wouldn't have a clue

PS: Steel; not Steal.
Steal is to rob someone or take something from someone without their consent.
I'm going to steal your guitar
ummmmmmm, in 10 to 15 years time shouldnt you be playing something new?
like a les paul, or a strat, besides, my guitar's 29 years old, they came with very low frets and it's still just fine,

mate, to me it sounds like a sales gimic,

have a nice day.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by R.D
ummmmmmm, in 10 to 15 years time shouldnt you be playing something new?
like a les paul, or a strat, besides, my guitar's 29 years old, they came with very low frets and it's still just fine,

mate, to me it sounds like a sales gimic,

have a nice day.

You shouldn't be bashing other ppl's taste in guitars.

Plus, maybe your guitar hasn't been used enough. After all, refretting worn-worn down frets isn't that uncommon.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow

Plus, maybe your guitar hasn't been used enough. After all, refretting worn-worn down frets isn't that uncommon.

Read his post again, he isn't bashing anything.

Also, he did have a point. My gut feeling tells me you won't last a guitar (And I'm talking a real quality one here) much longer than 20-25 years, and even then, frets are not a major problem on older guitars.
Quote by Y00p
Read his post again, he isn't bashing anything.

Also, he did have a point. My gut feeling tells me you won't last a guitar (And I'm talking a real quality one here) much longer than 20-25 years, and even then, frets are not a major problem on older guitars.

Not directly, but if you read between the lines and add it up with his rig you'd realize that he's implying that more "vintage"-type of gear is superior or more worthy than what the TS is looking at.

Maybe i just happen to analyze ppl easily though...

Anyway, it is possible to wear the frets down. It all depends on who and how it's used. Maybe it's not too common but it does happen.

EDIT: However, there is a point there. It would take quite a lot of years to ruin the frets so you shouldn't worry so much about that. Doing so would take about maybe 15 years imo, considering that it's got heavy gauge strings, is played 7+ hours a day, and undergoes aggressive playing (lots of bends and hard picking). Getting it fixed wouldn't be that expensive though if u take into account how long it withstood after such a long time.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Oct 3, 2008,
Quote by evening_crow
Not directly, but if you read between the lines and add it up with his rig you'd realize that he's implying that more "vintage"-type of gear is superior or more worthy than what the TS is looking at.

Ok, I see it now. It's not really obvious, and I still don't think it's on purpose, but one could argue that it is.

Anyway, you're right, frets wear. But I was just saying, usually (in my experience with older guitars), real wear only starts to be annoying at about 10-15 years. Sure, they may be a bit worn down before hand, but all frets do that, despite what they're made of; by the time it would be unbearable, you've probably binned the guitar altogether.

What I'm saying is this: Don't let your choice in guitar be affected by the material of the fretwire.
its unlikely that the frets on the schecter would be Stainless steel.

if it was, i'm 100% certain that they would plaster it over the specs as a special feature.

like Parker when they made that one guitar with the carbon fibre fretboard with stainless steel frets.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Schecter stole frets from you? bastards
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by evening_crow

jeez stop being so sensitive
Quote by Kivarenn82
its unlikely that the frets on the schecter would be Stainless steel.

if it was, i'm 100% certain that they would plaster it over the specs as a special feature.

like Parker when they made that one guitar with the carbon fibre fretboard with stainless steel frets.

+1, that's what i'd have thought
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1, that's what i'd have thought

sorry bout the mistype, i had been drinking.

Why dont they put in stainless steal frets? is it really that much harder to do...?
"It sounded so good and when i put it on a Line 6 Spider with a Zoom guitar efect petal it sounded so good" - Dean SplitTail review on musicians friend
Quote by Epic_chef

Why dont they put in stainless steal frets? is it really that much harder to do...?

RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude

stainless steeel frets, there...

Sorry i was at a pirate party
Carvin offer stainless steel frets, a lot of players swear by them since they say that you wont need to replace them for a very long time (40+ years) one downside is (or so they say) is that they're brighter than nickel frets...I dont know much about it, I'm just re-laying messages.
Quote by Epic_chef

while stainless steel frets would likely last a few decades, they're tough to work with and usually require more specialized tools.

i remember going in and asking for a brass nut for my guitar, and none of the shops in town would do it because brass is too hard of a material for the files (mostly they just work with graphite, tusq, and bone).

I imagine the wear and tear that would occur on a luthiers toolset while working on something like Stainless steel would be quite harsh.

Also, if you ever hard to re-level those frets (WAY later on down the road i guess ) you'd probably be stuck since most shops wouldn't be equipped for working with stainless steel.

but who knows, you might get lucky
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.