Lately I've been trying to learn right-handed due to the small selection of guitars, but I've realized it would be stupid to throw away all this stuff I've learned and conquered with left-hand playing. I realized I disliked my range of selection because I've been going with mid-range prices, and I think it's about time I went with high quality and sustain, perhaps I will enjoy these higher range guitars, and it will hopefully change my perspective on lefties being singled out on choices. Money can get you anything, it's a good lesson to learn, lol. I just have to be willing to chuck up a large stack of cash to get the right-handed selection. I say this because I play V-shaped instruments strictly for the most part. I find them far more comfortable than round bodies and such while sitting and standing. The range for lefty V's is extremely limited, which encouraged me to chuck up big dough, seeing as I'm just not doing well with my friends right-handed guitar, no matter how much I play it just does not get a bit more comfortable. (by the way, I consider an ML shape close to a V, seeing as the bottom is just as good for me).

Without disrespecting either or guitar, which of these would you think really deserve their price, it's my first time with a higher end guitar.

or

I really love the look on both of these guitars, and I've never had a neck-thru yet, pretty excited. Pretend neither had a company, because I know there are fans for specific companies that enjoy bashing others. What would you go for without the companies in mind?

I know they are both quality instruments, but I can't afford both. -.-

They are custom axes.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Last edited by bloodycomfort at Oct 3, 2008,
I kinda like the finish on the Dean and the fact that it's got EMG's in there. However, i find the body style to be horrendous(sp?), and solely on that i would go for the Jackson.

I dislike all deans (except for an acoustic i saw this week) and jacksons to be honest. They just don't appeal to me at all, but if i had to choose i'd go with what i said.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
I kinda like the finish on the Dean and the fact that it's got EMG's in there. However, i find the body style to be horrendous(sp?), and solely on that i would go for the Jackson.

I dislike all deans (except for an acoustic i saw this week) and jacksons to be honest. They just don't appeal to me at all, but if i had to choose i'd go with what i said.

I respect honesty, that's +1 for Jackson.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by bloodycomfort
I respect honesty, that's +1 for Jackson.

No problem.

Now... if you could get the jackson with the emg's, no pickguard, and the dean's finish in blue...

Then i wouldn't mind owning that guitar.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
No problem.

Now... if you could get the jackson with the emg's, no pickguard, and the dean's finish in blue...

Then i wouldn't mind owning that guitar.

That would be cool as hell, but knowing Jackson Custom Shop, that would slap on about $1000 more, lol. Both these guitars are in range of $2000-$2550 as it is.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
i vote for the jackson having played on one of very similar design, they seem quite small, but then im quite tall! i like the way it plays and being a fan of the explorer shapes, and Vs i have to say i dont like that dean, i havent played one like it, but the shape is a bit off key, if the shape was more explorer maybe, but i love the v shape of that jackson and they are really quite enjoyable to play just chilling about with it,
In my experience Jacksons have a far better feel than Deans. Their action is so wonderful you could fret by blowing on the strings.
That's 3 for Jackson and 0 for Dean, wow. I rest my Friends right-handed Rhaods on my lap to get an idea of the feel, and I agree it feels really nice and the neck is great for quick action. I feel as if these Jackson votes are due to people never trying a Deal ML, the body may worry you, but that extra bottom wing doesn't effect playing in any way. Also, Dean has a slightly slightly wider fretboard, which works well for big hands and fingers like mine. I will admit though, I am kind of leaning towards the Jackson at this point in time.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
I've tried both guitars...not them exactly but ive tried a Dean Razorback and a ML + a Jackson Dinky.
I personally like the sound of the EMG's and the look of the Deans better.
Razorback is definatly my favourite guitar. To me the jackson felt a little....weak maybe?

Depends what sound you like.
Tomorrow i'm going shopping for 7 strings...ill tell you what i see as ill be trying some guitars out.
I love the finish on that Dean!
Every time I see a lefty guitar my first thought is "OMG it's backwards" lol
Quote by NecroMaster
I love the finish on that Dean!
Every time I see a lefty guitar my first thought is "OMG it's backwards" lol

I like the paint job and finish very much. Makes the choice very tough.

Came up with a plan, I'll get both over time, just not sure which one first, hahaha.

Quote by Plarx
I've tried both guitars...not them exactly but ive tried a Dean Razorback and a ML + a Jackson Dinky.
I personally like the sound of the EMG's and the look of the Deans better.
Razorback is definatly my favourite guitar. To me the jackson felt a little....weak maybe?

Depends what sound you like.
Tomorrow i'm going shopping for 7 strings...ill tell you what i see as ill be trying some guitars out.

Yeah that would be cool. Well the dinky is not closely shaped to that Jackson, and this one probably has higher quality parts, just a thought.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Last edited by bloodycomfort at Oct 3, 2008,
yeh ive seen some cheap dinky's around but this wasnt one of them it was up there with the RR models xD i just cant rmember which one it was
Quote by bloodycomfort

Came up with a plan, I'll get both over time, just not sure which one first, hahaha.

Sounds like a great plan
I say Jackson too. Deans are good playing guitars, and that one you pictured is gorgeous, but there prices can be outrageous. You'll get just as much quality, if not more, from the Jackson you pictured there. Keep in mind the neck profile is different, that Dean probably has a V neck, if not then it's a C. They have there differences, but if you're just asking from price and quality, I'd put my cash towards the Jackson.

EDIT-

I seen the comment comparing these with an import Dean and an imported Jackson. I just wanted to say that it's pretty much impossible to judge a USA Dean to an import, just like it's impossible to judge an imported Jackson to an USA. They may be the same company, but they're completely different beast.
Last edited by caraluzzo at Oct 3, 2008,
Quote by caraluzzo
I say Jackson too. Deans are good playing guitars, and that one you pictured is gorgeous, but there prices can be outrageous. You'll get just as much quality, if not more, from the Jackson you pictured there. Keep in mind the neck profile is different, that Dean probably has a V neck, if not then it's a C. They have there differences, but if you're just asking from price and quality, I'd put my cash towards the Jackson.

EDIT-

I seen the comment comparing these with an import Dean and an imported Jackson. I just wanted to say that it's pretty much impossible to judge a USA Dean to an import, just like it's impossible to judge an imported Jackson to an USA. They may be the same company, but they're completely different beast.

That Jackson is $550 more than the Dean, in my opinion Jackson is just as expensive if not more, especially when it comes to custom shops. I'm confused about the import talk, both these guitars are USA made, and of course imports are always worse, you know.

4 - Jackson, 0 - Dean. I think I'll get the Jackson custom first.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
I went to the store today..
FOund some killer dean 7 strings. they also had the ML you are looking at there.
but no 7 string jacksons.
I tried 6 string RR24 i think it was.. and was not bad. but i personally like the sound of the deans better. a warmer, thicker sound.
They both played very well but tone wise....id get a dean.

BTW: I've put this guitar on lay by...Deposit is down so they're holding it for me for 4 months till i get the money. ($2500 AUS)