Hi,

Ok I have a nice Schecter w/ EMG 81, 85 in it.

I also have a PEAVEY VALVEKING 112.

I was looking to getting a new guitar or amp, I wanted amp but I got told since im only playing in the house just now the peavey was enough.

So I looked at guitars... now I really love the Snow White Jackson RR24, but the only thing putting me off of it is that it has the EMG 81.

Now im wondering am I going to notice a difference from my schecter?

Or is it worth buying it then buying a set of Seymour Duncans Invaders (SH8)

Please help me get the best option.

I play alot of METAL/ROCK and use a PodXT with all the packs.

Thanks,

Rowan
Last edited by .Rowan at Oct 3, 2008,
Invaders? they aren't the best pickups you can get at that price.

Other than that i dont really have much advice, sorry
Really... what are then?

I mean I take it it is gonna be pointless keeping the EMG 81 in there since I got that on my Schecter, it will probably sound identical.
are you sure it would sound identical? they're made of different body woods, although the pickups are the same. they have different tonal qualities. and the invader is not a great pickup. maybe try a Duncan Custom or Dimarzio D activator for metal.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
are you sure it would sound identical? they're made of different body woods, although the pickups are the same. they have different tonal qualities. and the invader is not a great pickup. maybe try a Duncan Custom or Dimarzio D activator for metal.

they would be good pickup options
get the rr24
then stay active and get a blackout
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
yea i was gonna say. if you dont want EMG in your new git. get some Dimarzio
good for sweeps :P
get the RR24 it's awesome =D
my RR24 sounds different to my ESP Eclipse. they both have the 81 in the bridge. I'd say the RR24 has a much clearer tone that cuts through the mix more it has more treble/highs then the 81 in the ESP and generally sounds alot better for leads.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Quote by leviticus_22953

+1. Good information.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
It seems like you're only basing your decision on the sound. If you like your sound set up now, then why not go for the RR24, because the sound will be similar, but of course the feel and the looks will be different.

If you want to switch pups, then i would recommend a Blackout. you can just slip it in easy because it's compatible with EMG's quik connect system.
Ok ill get the RR24 anyways... and if I feel I need to change the pickup then ill get either the:

Seymour Duncan Blackouts/Custom
or
DiMarzio