so i want to install a humbucker into my behringer strat copy

i want to be able to play classic rock to metal
from guns n roses to led zep to metallica

i don't have a job so saving for a new amp is out of the question

so i'm after a cheap humbucker (as cheap as possible) to play classic rock and metal
any suggestions
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Built Acoustic
Epiphone Valve Special
Marshall Guv'nor GV2
tanglewood 1000 pu resonator
washborn acoustic
My Build
New pickups isn't going to help cheap wood.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
will it help get more of a metal tone

or should i invest in a pedal
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Built Acoustic
Epiphone Valve Special
Marshall Guv'nor GV2
washborn acoustic
My Build
Well.. Unless you're in the same situation as me (Too young to work)... I'd suggest get a bloody job lol.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
yeah tried that no one will emply me
don't know why

anyway i get $50 -60 AU a month so getting a new guitar is not an option

Edit
found out that my guitar is made from solid wood so it isn't plywood if that helps
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Built Acoustic
Epiphone Valve Special
Marshall Guv'nor GV2
washborn acoustic
My Build
Last edited by bluesnewb at Oct 3, 2008,
get a pedal, that's probably a cheaper alternative than getting a new humbucker then you gotta pay someone to fit it for ya which isn't easy.
yeah, people tell you to get a pedal but theres no way your getting a metal tone with those single coils, if you want to get into metal territory get a bridge humbucker, check out guitarfetish.com the gfs pickups are good.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Either get a pedal, or practise on the clean channel of your amp, and get some god technique down. Hilarious amounts of gain hides all your mistakes, so I wouldn't recommend that until you know how to play metal properly.

And a new pickup is NOT the solution, it won't make your guitar sound any better through a dodgy amp.

To the guy above: you can get a metal tone with single coils, it just takes a little more gain than a humbucker to get one.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
so if i'm getting a new pup
i think gfs are my best bet but what sought
i have no idea what the names / numbers mean
about $40 - $50 AU

but if i get a pedal im looking at a distortion/overdrive pedal
maybe a boss os-2 about $120 Au
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Built Acoustic
Epiphone Valve Special
Marshall Guv'nor GV2
washborn acoustic
My Build
check out the duncan detonator...it's a chinese made pick up based off the duncan distortion pick up...i got one a GC for $40.

good luck
Golden Age pickups from Stewmac. IMO, best HB out there in that price range($40-$50) and better than many pickups costing twice as much.
Sometimes you can get lucky and win actual Seymour Duncan pickups on ebay for $40 or $50. If you have an ebay account you might want to try to win a Duncan SH-4 JB humbucker. The GFS pickups are good too. I've never tried GFS but people on here praise them alot. A new pickup will help some but I would get a pedal after the pickup. When you get the money a better amp is a good idea too.
Solid wood doesn't mean good wood still. and pickups arent going to make a valve special metal.
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
Yeah. I'm gonna quote Barack Obama here and say that "you can put lipstick on a pig....it's still a pig."

You aren't going to make that setup m3t@l by putting humbuckers in a Behringer. Pedal.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
You're wasting your money fixing up a behringer, buy a pedal that'll hold you over for awhile. then apply your ass off for a job and buy a new guitar.
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
pedal is your solution bro. a humbucker will not make that amp distort any earlier than what it already does, you want a dirt box.

and your budget is so low i don't think i'd personally recommend anything other than saving up for new gear all together. sucks but it's the best option.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out