Poll: Is it possible to become possed?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is it possible to become possed?
Yes
37 18%
No
128 62%
Maybe so?
42 20%
Voters: 207.
Page 1 of 3
Do you think its possible to become possessed by some kinda crazy shit like a demon or something. At least to the point where your thoughts become altered and are all evil and stuff? I just thought of this because I keep hearing/seeing all these crazy stories like dudes microwaving their babies and was wondering if this could possibly be a cause. I don't think either way so I want the pit to convince me about something so I can have some stance. Info/Ideas whatever...Discuss.
No, stupid. It's not the middle ages any more. Nowadays we call it "schizophrenia"
I got possed once, it's not as bad as it's made out to be.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
It's just crazy/disturbed people looking for some sort of excuse to do things society wouldn't otherwise accept. Nothing more.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
People doing that is surely severe mental illness.

Though no one can doubt, for example, some rooms have different atmospheres. Now there are usually factual, scientific reasons for this - but the fact we exist, and life itself is pretty crazy anyway...

... So who is to say these things may not be present? Not what TS was saying, but I think it's best to be open minded.
well, i guess its possible, there have been reports or some pretty inhuman shit, but for the most part i would just people are crazy
You are now blinking manually
i think so...
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
cue: UG Christians to tell us about the dangers of dabbling with the occult.

jk
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
yes this is possible.i know becouse i was there when a litlle girl was throwing around grown up people while the priest was doing the exorcism.and i know its no mental illnes becouse noone can speak in four voices at the same time.and i dont think that this girl was old enough to flawlessly speak latin english hebrejski and some other language that i didnt understood.its true and trust me its prettty creepy.
Quote by DavidWBand
Yes it's completely possible. But not everyone who does really sick things is, most are just crazy. It happened thousands of years ago and it still happens today.

yes its true that most cases are mentaly sick but not all.
O_o

<_<
>_>
<_<
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
Quote by MANTAJAZZ
yes this is possible.i know becouse i was there when a litlle girl was throwing around grown up people while the priest was doing the exorcism.and i know its no mental illnes becouse noone can speak in four voices at the same time.and i dont think that this girl was old enough to flawlessly speak latin english hebrejski and some other language that i didnt understood.its true and trust me its prettty creepy.

i would love to see some sort of proof of one of these possessions, i'm not questioning you, but all i ever get is hearsay
You are now blinking manually
Quote by MANTAJAZZ
It's all bullcrap, all those possessions you see are just Christians who realized what a big mistake they made by going to church and not doing something productive.
This poll I will use in my "~25% of UG is retarded" thesis. Thank you.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by -Vogel-
Nothing really exists, so my answer is no.

..Your mum doesn't exist. In bed.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by MANTAJAZZ

we havent even begun to scratch the surface of what the human brain is capable of. she may have had an illness that caused the parts of her brain that go unused to actually do what theyre supposed to. just a theory.
Quote by Jackolas

Though no one can doubt, for example, some rooms have different atmospheres. Now there are usually factual, scientific reasons for this - but the fact we exist, and life itself is pretty crazy anyway...

... So who is to say these things may not be present? Not what TS was saying, but I think it's best to be open minded.

DNA and RNA interacting with each other. Nothing more, nothing less.
Quote by MANTAJAZZ

That was a film, honey.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by Guitarfreak217
I'm retarded? ...

Sorry, it's just the way we've mapped brain functions, chemicals, psyhological and social conditioning these days so thorougly and found explanations for every "possession" I don't see how anyone can still believe they're real, unless they just tuck in paper in their ears and close their eyes anytime a real explanation is being brought up
Quote by rabidguitarist

..Your mum doesn't exist. In bed.

You'll see what I mean eventually .
Quote by Kensai
Sorry, it's just the way we've mapped brain functions, chemicals, psyhological and social conditioning these days so thorougly and found explanations for every "possession" I don't see how anyone can still believe they're real, unless they just tuck in paper in their ears and close their eyes anytime a real explanation is being brought up

That still doesn't explain why you would be better than the 25% of retarded people mentioned earlier.
Quote by -Vogel-
That still doesn't explain why you would be better than the 25% of retarded people mentioned earlier.

I look things up with my more highly evolved cognitive functioning instead of *not* looking things up.
Quote by smb
No, stupid. It's not the middle ages any more. Nowadays we call it "schizophrenia"

+1

Quote by Kensai
This poll I will use in my "~25% of UG is retarded" thesis. Thank you.

lol, im sure you will find your results pleasing
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Last edited by thedudemeister at Oct 3, 2008,
When someone claims that they were possessed you know that the defence has run out of ideas
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by Jackolas
People doing that is surely severe mental illness.

I'm glad someone shares the same thoughts as me.
Quote by sglover34479
This is basically just a religion thread. The Christian UGers are saying yes and everyone else says no.
*reported*

Christians believe in demonic possession?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
I do believe in such things.But I don't actually believe in demons possessing human bodies. Have you guys been to Thailand?If I'm not mistaken,they have a ceremony every year, and they allow the gods to sorta like possess their body.Asian countries would understand that such things do happen to help people.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Rienk0r

I mean 21st century Christians.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Page 1 of 3