I was thinking about starting a new band, and for some reason, as a vocalist, I'm not able to mesh with a lot of peoples' styles of playing. So I was thinking about recording a solo song, where I play all instruments and vocals, then from there asking some of my friends if they would want to join a band with a similar style. Would this be a good idea? Or should I just experiment with different nad members?
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
There is nothing wrong with doing that.... however if you can find members that all have different interests, yet share the interest in the direction you want the band to go, then it will work out better, as you will have committed members who are able to bring in the styles of 4 different kinds of music, making your band unique..... Thats the idea anyway
^Haha. I've tried that. We all had the same interest in what we wanted to do with the band, but we all had such different influences the live show just ended up being 30 minutes of dischord, basically.
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
Quote by dethskar0
I was thinking about starting a new band, and for some reason, as a vocalist, I'm not able to mesh with a lot of peoples' styles of playing. So I was thinking about recording a solo song, where I play all instruments and vocals, then from there asking some of my friends if they would want to join a band with a similar style. Would this be a good idea? Or should I just experiment with different nad members?

Yeah, that would work fine, but it would still be a good idea to continue experimenting with other musicians, expanding your own style and keep trying to mesh with different styles, even if it doesn't work out.
Music is a constant learning process, even for those that we would consider as very experienced.
You'll find the best way for you personaly to work with others, but if you constantly strive to try other methods you'll improve dramaticaly as a musician.
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
what is your style exactly?

Yeah, I was wondering that, (just forgot to ask ) maybe we could help you to mesh easier?