Dunno if you guys consider this metal or not. I think you're a fuckin idiot if you don't, but whatever. Let's talk about the band

This band has something about them that satisfies a certain urge, that no other band ever has or will satisfy. Whether we are talking about their heavier stuff on first two albums or lighter stuff like 'Original Human Being' and 'Oh Pleasant Hope'... everything they do is great. Personally I lean towards later stuff, favourite songs like 'Pilot' 'Highway Man'... though perhaps my favourite is 'Fruit & Icerbegs'.
vincebus eruptum has to be one of my fave records in my collection

anyway discussions on this band: begin!
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Vincebus Eruptum is one awesome record
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Never listened to them.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Was Blue Cheer one of the first metal bands? I've heard the name, not the music, which album should I get of theirs first?
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Saw them live. They rock hard as fukk for some old farts.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by mr kipling
Was Blue Cheer one of the first metal bands? I've heard the name, not the music, which album should I get of theirs first?

Yeah, they predated Black Sabbath by about two or three years.

You've probably heard "Summertime Blues", which was their first single. It's been covered by a lot of bands.

It's the only song I've heard from them, though.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
Yeah, they predated Black Sabbath by about two or three years.

You've probably heard "Summertime Blues", which was their first single. It's been covered by a lot of bands.

It's the only song I've heard from them, though.

Actually... Summertime blues is not their song. It was a cover they did. The original is by Eddie Cochran.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by mr kipling

Can't go wrong with Vincebus Eruptum
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by nebiru
Actually... Summertime blues is not their song. It was a cover they did. The original is by Eddie Cochran.

Shows how much I know.

Saxo-Walrus

I would look at Vincebus Eruptum and Outside Inside for proto-metal type stuff. perhaps their self titled album too but i haven't heard that

New! Improved, The Original Human Being and Oh! Pleasant Hope are not really metal albums, but they are amazingly good nonetheless

also the compilation 'Good Times are So Hard to Find' is awesome!
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Bump. This band really doesn't get enough attention around here. I only have Vincebus Eruptum and Outsideinside, and they're both absolutely fantastic.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
I still haven't listened to them.

Saxo-Walrus

Despite being pretty cheesed out at certain parts(1968, what can you expect?), Vincebus Eruptum is win. That guitar was so ahead of it's time.

Sadly, VE is all that I own.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
I don't know if I would call them metal, but I've only heard a few songs from them. So I shall keep my mouth shut for now.

EDIT: Wasn't Summertime Blues a cover?

EDIT AGAIN: Never mind, I read the posts above me.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Aug 4, 2009,
I wouldn't consider them Metal really. I think I put them in with Captain Beyond as one of the many Rock bands of the time who just started to push things further.

Great band, and it's not a disservice to say they aren't Metal, unless some of you here think that all Metal > all Rock. I just think they don't have that 'darkness', if you will, to make them Metal.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I have InsideOutside. Recommend me another album to get, dawgs.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by vanshaya
I have InsideOutside. Recommend me another album to get, dawgs.

Vincebus Eruptom! Nao! (my spelling may be a tad off)
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

this needs a bump. I heard of these guys from Sam Dunn's metal movie, can't find anyone that sells an album now
Their "probably" best album "Vincebus Eruptum" is very easy to find. Look harder I'd say. But some of their albums fetch some pretty ridiculous prices.
I'm really enjoying this right now. Fantastic precursor to metal tone right here.

These guys make me feel a contact high of sorts though...
Philosophy > Life
last summer I found an original vinyl copy of Vincebus Eruptum
it sounds magical
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
^ Nice. I'd love of one them

Come on, all you stoner/doom/psychedelic fans. This is BLUE CHEER, right here...
Philosophy > Life
Recently bought an original press of New! Improved! for like $25. Totally worth it just for the song "Fruit & Icebergs."