Hi,

I'm looking for a program, with which I can change the Pitch of the microphone input.
The important thing about it is, that I want it to change the pitch 'live'. For example i play with my guitar plugged in to the microphone input a E, but what I hear from my computer boxes is a (for example) C.
Is there a program that can do something like that?
I hope you understood what i mean, if not, please ask ^^

Greetings,
Alfafish
there are programs and even effects loops that do that. the issue is that all of them i've ever heard sound AWFUL.
I'm not sure if it works live, but Melodyne is a great pitch manipulation program.
For live though, I really think you're better off playing the notes you want to hear.
shred is gaudy music
Well I don't want to play that 'live' ^^
Only at my computer. I tried to explain what I mean with 'live' ^^

Oh yeah and the program should be freeware!
Could you not just use a whammy or pitch shift pedal?
My stuff:
Fender Tele 60's Reissue
Schecter Blackhawk
Vintage V300 acoustic
Yamaha RB170 Bass

Peavey Classic 30 amp

Boss SD-1, DOD Grunge, Guyatone PS-010 Compressor, Marshall SV-1, Vox V847, Zoom G2, Line6 Echo Park
You could also try Max/MSP... not freeware, though. Great program, either way.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by Alfafish
Well I don't want to play that 'live' ^^
Only at my computer. I tried to explain what I mean with 'live' ^^

Oh yeah and the program should be freeware!

freeware ? forget about it. Anything that could do something like that will cost money... or you'll have to steal it. (assuming it even exists). If it does exist you ought to consider those that put in the effort and money to make it in the 1st place.

If its not actually live, why not just get a capo and use that? Or play in the actual key you want to hear it in.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Oct 3, 2008,
I can't get lower with a capo ^^
And the thing is that I don't want to have to detune my guitar.
I'm damn lazy ^^
Quote by Alfafish
I can't get lower with a capo ^^
And the thing is that I don't want to have to detune my guitar.
I'm damn lazy ^^

Well, you're gonna have to get motivated.

I mean if you can't do that, why bother playing at all?
shred is gaudy music
Quote by Alfafish
Well, I really like playing, only thing I don't like is tuning ^^

LOL. Ok man, its just that its part of the gig if you know what I mean. I would suggest that you do it a few times, get used to it, and it will no longer be an issue for you.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by Alfafish
Well, I really like playing, only thing I don't like is tuning ^^
Get to like, or at least accept that you must have an in-tune guitar lest you sound like an incompetant putz.

No, a capo will not get you lower, but you can play higher and it will still be the same chords.

And then there's tuning your guitar to C which is the best idea; it isn't even hard. Make the low E string sound one octave lower than the third fret of the A string, and then tune normally using the 5th fret method.