Well, after 2 years of playing, its finally time for me to get a new guitar. For my birthday (Late November) my parents have agreed to get me a new guitar, so I want to try out as many as I can until then, until I fall in love with one.

My current guitar is a modified Squier Strat, and I play that through a Peavey Valveking 112 combo, which i've had for about a year now, and just now, i've gotten quite happy with the tone.

I play a range of music, but mostly Thrash/Death Metal, Alternative, Punk & the odd bit of Ska.

My price range is $800 AU, and the big brands we have around here are Ibanez, Gibson, Epiphone, Fender, Jackson, ESP/LTD, Dean & BC Rich.

And the specs that I'm looking for are:
  • 24 frets. (Although I can settle for 22)
  • 25.5" Scale length
  • Dual Humbuckers
  • Hardtail bridge

I also might be interested in a 7 string, but i'm not entirely sure whether or not I could use it to its full potential.

http://www.ibanezguitarcentre.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=285
I quite like the specs to this guitar, and i'll probably try it out tomorrow if I can.

Also, one last thing. Do reversed headstocks bring slightly more tension to the bass strings, because they are stretched further, or are they just solely for looks?

All help appreciated.
www.myspace.com/nirvana_rox_ryda_j

Quote by Ovenman
Women don't sh*t.
There's no toilet in the kitchen.

Quote by Yan Yan
!

This thread was made back when i had my old 06 account.

RG's are good, and reverse is purely for looks
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
+1 to RG's are good

I played an RG exclusively for the last year and a half, just got myself an Eric Johnson Signature Strat (sorry i've been telling everone, can't help myself).

RG's reliablility, playability and sound are all good. I think I remember paying somewhere in the region of £300, $600ish. And was well pleased with it, it was an RG350dx, really fast neck great for soloing.
Likewise on the RG

but i may b tempted to look at LTDs or Jackson Dinkys, something like that...but i dnt know my australian dollars 2 well so i dnno if u will hav enough
a jackson dinky is the way to go in my mind but thats just me rg are nise super thin fast neck even with my short fingers shecter has some good stuff and esp/ltd are nice but i dont dig the neck ....
I do quite like Jackson, however, the massive neck joint puts me off them somewhat, and I don't think there are any shops that stock Washburn or Schecter in my city.

How are the stock Ibanez pickups too? Are they muddy at all?

And $800 AU is equivalent to $600 US (I think) for those who need any clarification.

Thanks for all the quick replies.
www.myspace.com/nirvana_rox_ryda_j

Quote by Ovenman
Women don't sh*t.
There's no toilet in the kitchen.

Quote by Yan Yan
!

This thread was made back when i had my old 06 account.