You guys got any advice on songs which are easy enough to play and sing at the same time, bearing in mind that neither the guitar work or the voice is top class? I have this thing coming up where I'm expected to do two or three songs, and would rather not embarrass myself too badly.
I'm a girl, btw, but not really fussy about the gender of the original, as long as it's within range.
I started off with Knocking on Heavens Door. Very easy guitar play and singing!
Thanks for the suggestions... to guide any more, I think maybe I'd like to steer clear of the absolute classics, as it's way easier to conceal a ****-up if not everyone knows what you're trying to play!
Everything Changes by Staind

Easiest song for me to play and sing, and I'm terrible at singing and even worse at trying to do both guitar and singing together, haha.

It's sung by a guy with a low voice, but you can sing it at a higher pitch, sounds fine either way.
Out of time by blur is also nice..easy chords but you need to mute and pick (well i do anyway)...good lyrics and easy to sing too as not to wide a range
I like alot of jack johnson songs, Fall Line is my favorite to sing and play along. It's easy too.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Quote by LesPaulLeader08
^^^ Jack Johnson!
Better Together and Fall Line are songs worth trying.

Better together is amazing too

When you think about it, they're all great, so try them ALL!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
The Past Recedes - John Frusciante

Real funny song to play and sing, and it has a nice little solo aswell!
Quote by novish
The Past Recedes - John Frusciante

Real funny song to play and sing, and it has a nice little solo aswell!

+1 John Frusciante does make awesome music!