Do you pick them up ? Do you hitch hike ?

I live in Quebec and I once picked up this bloke on the side of the highway.
He was a scrawny little guy with a backpack, rolled up sleeping bag and an acoustic guitar.

His name was Bryan, he said he was on his way to Vancouver BC to play a gig in 16 days time.

For those of you that don't know; Quebec and Vancouver are on virtually opposite ends of Canada. So I told him he better ****in' hurry up.

Dropped him off at some point on the highway again and went on my way.

Any stories ?
Ive hitched to and back from festivals, apart from that, never picked anyone up - I don't drive
wat.
Dont you read the signs dont pick up hitch hikers? ive seen a few outside near a prison

+
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Oct 3, 2008,
Quote by Nexium
Dont you read the signs dont pick up hitch hikers? ive seen a few outside near a prison

Oh dear.
wat.
I picked up a hitchhiker.

The bastard stole my purse so I ground him up, made some salsa from and thoroughly enjoyed him with nachos.
No. Hitchhikers here die speedily in the 43 degree heat.

(around 110 degrees fahrenheit)
Lots of my friends hitchhike. I haven't done it yet but I'm thinking of going to montreal and stuff next summer.
Quote by filthandfury
I'm the Hitcher, let me put you in the picture.

elements of the past
and elements of the future...
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
elements of the past

combining as one to make something not quite as good as either
I've never actually seen a hitchhiker in my 2 years of driving, but if I saw one I would pick them up, I've hitchhiked thousands of times and always hated watching people drive by in an empty car.
yes, I've done it a few times with all the other students (screw paying 9€ for the train that takes three hours when you can go wait for 20 minutes and get home in an hour)

we've picked up hitchhikers too, just to keep the karma going

though usually, we use a national ride sharing website because its more reliable (both if you're looking for a ride and because you can ask for ~5€ per person if you're offering a ride which covers gas and road tolls pretty nicely)
Last edited by seljer at Oct 3, 2008,
Hmm there was a hitchhiker series on youtube where 2 Asian guys traveld thru America by jumping into the cargo holds and leeching a ride Etc. one of them had an guitar and the other had a mini drum set,was pretty intresting.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I'm too paranoid that the hitchhiker is a serial killer

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
I've picked up probably 5 hitch hikers in my life, it's fun. This one guy I picked up tricked me though by standing next to a broke down car. I assumed it was his, so i gave him a ride. I asked him what the problem was with his car and he was like "that piece of shit ain't mine". So I took him where he was going and let him out, he wasn't one of the livelier hitchers i've met and he kind of smelled. He hitches from outside my old college to a nearby town alot i guess and he has flipped me off several times since for not picking him up. Other than that I don't have any real stories, the experience depends on how talkative they are and how crazy they are though. Overall, I recommend it.
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
elements of the past

Combine together to make something not quite as good as either.

/Mighty Boosh

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
i pick them up just to meet new interesting people...also i want karma on my side for when i do it. picked up this one very very cool guy we talked for so long cuz he was going to the same place i was...so i drove him there. i also gave him a couple hits of acid for free.