Fake Punk bands and commercial rock
Rock bands are formed by capitalistic recordbosses and put into a reality soap

Its all about money, the real musician soul is gone

But there is a bright side
Rage against the machine reunited
Cavalera Conspiracy
Wondermeat
The Subhumans are touring around the world
If you're complaining about the modern music scene, then you aren't looking hard enough.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
No.
There's plenty of good bands out there. You're wrong.
EDIT: its THRASH not trash ffs.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by aartisookniemiz

Metallica has went commercial and stopped making real Trash Metal

Please don't bring me into this argument again...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Most mainstream music is terrible but you just have to look around a bit for some good music, and why would you want so many new bands anyway if you like old bands- just carry on listening to them.
I'm with TS, most modern bands are shite, but you can find some good bands if you look hard enough
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
You're Complaining about the Mainstream music scene, which has always been about money, getting fans, and causing controversy. If you want good music from great musicians who aren't affected by what a record company wants them to do, or how many time's the new hit is gonna be played on the radio, then turn off your radio. Spend some time at your computer finding bands that YOU like and want to listen too, and buy their album. If you don't like what you hear, change what you hear. Not a hard concept dude
Common sense is becoming such and uncommon trait.
turn off the radio and put a cd on then
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
why are you looking towards the mainstream for good music?
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by element4433
If you're complaining about the modern music scene, then you aren't looking hard enough.

This.

Behold... the Arctopus, for example.
"Metallica went mainstream and dont play thrash anymore" havent you heard Death Magnetic?
Quote by aaciseric
Theres a chav revolution brewing in my area, hopefully my personal hygiene, sobriety, long hair and GnR albums can protect me for some time.
Last edited by TokaiRocker2000 at Oct 3, 2008,
If you don't like it, just don't listen to it

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
My Lord. They earn tons of money, good for them. It's their job to peform those songs, and more people enjoy that music than trash metal/*insertgenrehere*core.

Hell, even I enjoy listening to some upbeat mainstream stuff, it gets you up in the morning.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by freedoms_stain
For fuck sake, shit music isn't unique to today.

THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN SHIT MUSIC.

This
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
halp musix ded n im pised of
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I dont get the whole "modern music sucks" thing, I mean it obviously doesnt suck for the people who like it.
Quote by aaciseric
Theres a chav revolution brewing in my area, hopefully my personal hygiene, sobriety, long hair and GnR albums can protect me for some time.
If you don't like it, add woodwinds
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by freedoms_stain
For fuck sake, shit music isn't unique to today.

THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN SHIT MUSIC.

Gee willickers mister, I do think you make a gosh-darned point right there, yup yup!
The modern state of music is fine. There has been crap for every decade that doesn't get remembered, that's why you only hear of the good bands that stood the test of time, and so you think the past was far superior to the present state of music. Plenty of amazing bands today, you just gotta look a little bit. For example:
BTBAM
Muse
SOAD
Queens of the Stone Age
Foo Fighters
A7x
Protest the Hero
Trivium
COB
All That Remains
Opeth
Unearth
Outworld
etc.

Music is just changing. It always has. You just have to be open minded.
Quote by aartisookniemiz
I think it is pretty ####ed

I mean
Jonas Brothers
Naked Bros.
Hanah Montana
80% of the New-Metal bands went EMO

Cavalera Conspiracy
Wondermeat

have you not heard the new metallica cd? its pretty much the same thing they did in the 80's. i dont see how you can say it's not real thrash metal. maybe you've just heard the single? i dont know
Quote by thedudemeister
I'm with TS, most modern bands are shite, but you can find some good bands if you look hard enough

How'd I know you'd be here
I'm glad you're just noticing this now. hahahahahaha
Current Setup

Schecter Blackjack C7
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMG 81/85
Peavey 5150II Head
Peavey 6505 Cab w/ two Eminence Texas Heat
Epi PR5-e
Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by St.Loony
How'd I know you'd be here

lol
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
i love this topic just because the topic creator acts like this is some big revelation when he says 'it's all about money, maaaan! metallica isn't making awesome music anymore!'
Quote by aartisookniemiz
I think it is pretty ####ed

I mean
Jonas Brothers
Naked Bros.
Hanah Montana
80% of the New-Metal bands went EMO

Cavalera Conspiracy
Wondermeat

I'm sorry, but you are completely and utterly 100% wrong. I can't speak for metal, simply because I'm not into it, but there were tons upon tons of excellent releases in the indie and rock world last year. Some bands (in my opinion), put out their best work to date.
Just go under the surface a little bit and go in with an open mind.

EDIT: and indeed this year. I can think of great releases by TV on the Radio, Beck, Wolf Parade, Sigur Ros, Portishead, Boris and Deerhunter to name a few, and I haven't even been particularly in touch with the scene this year.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Last edited by rorythefaggot at Oct 3, 2008,
There are loads of really good bands out just now.
And whats with all the hate on Metallicas new album? lol
Its pretty good if i must say.
everyone has known that mainstream music is bullshit. they're all in it for the money. now take a look at some bands who actually enjoy making music and make music like indie bands. that's all i've been listening to lately casue like u said there's a lot of shit bands out now. a lot of goods ones out too though
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Quote by Killian5-0
kill off the jonas brothers and the world is happy

I am the Jonas Brothers.
the state of modern Popular music is as its' always frickin' been - Great if you enjoy it, poor if you don't. The fact that we now have a new bunch of Disney created pop-tarts (and miss Montana) means we've really not moved very far in 10 years (pretty much full circle, if you imagine Britneys' tits gaining sentience, ditching her body and growing up to be men = Jonas brothers), and I rarely see it changing. Sure, so the brothers will probably fall out after the first world tour & it'll fall apart hideously, and in 5 years, Montana will just look like yet another hooker around LA. But hey, we're not part of the mainstream, by and large, so whatever trends there'll be, there's always gonna be a mass like us to laugh at the Lemons and the sheep.
Myself? Indie has bored me to death, undeath, re-death and necrophilia, and that was before the labels took an interest. Mainstream rock (Or should I say 'Alternative?' I'm never sure these days), while fun to yell along to, is a touch on the pretentious side. Metal is going its' own casual little way, trying to be louder and faster than the rest, and its' starting to take itself a little too seriously, if you want my opinion. But hey, enough rantin'.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
The only reason 'classic rock' seems so good is because all the shite has died off and has been forgotten, kids will look back at music of our time and think 'damn it was so awesome'
Quote by Korzack
the state of modern Popular music is as its' always frickin' been - Great if you enjoy it, poor if you don't. The fact that we now have a new bunch of Disney created pop-tarts (and miss Montana) means we've really not moved very far in 10 years (pretty much full circle, if you imagine Britneys' tits gaining sentience, ditching her body and growing up to be men = Jonas brothers), and I rarely see it changing. Sure, so the brothers will probably fall out after the first world tour & it'll fall apart hideously, and in 5 years, Montana will just look like yet another hooker around LA. But hey, we're not part of the mainstream, by and large, so whatever trends there'll be, there's always gonna be a mass like us to laugh at the Lemons and the sheep.
Myself? Indie has bored me to death, undeath, re-death and necrophilia, and that was before the labels took an interest. Mainstream rock (Or should I say 'Alternative?' I'm never sure these days), while fun to yell along to, is a touch on the pretentious side. Metal is going its' own casual little way, trying to be louder and faster than the rest, and its' starting to take itself a little too seriously, if you want my opinion. But hey, enough rantin'.

Hmmmmmmmmm you sure got a point over there (for real I`m not joking)
Quote by andyscoot
The only reason 'classic rock' seems so good is because all the shite has died off and has been forgotten, kids will look back at music of our time and think 'damn it was so awesome'

Yeah, ive always thought that.
Quote by GrEgUms1991
I am the Jonas Brothers.

Coo-coo cachoo!

I thought Paul was the Jonas Brothers?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I'm tired of people complaining about music today.

You don't like the pop trend? Don't follow it.

You don't like rap? Don't listen to it.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Coo-coo cachoo!

I thought Paul was the Jonas Brothers?

I don't know what you are talking about but i guess you want my autograph and a classic spooning session.?
The state of modern music is fine, it's the consumers that's causing the "problem." Radio's, MTV, etc. are all appealing to the widest audience possible, and rap/pop/emo/etc. is what the current fad is. Once the fad passes we'll see a shift, hopefully for the better.
Page 1 of 2