So what do you need to become a guitar teacher apart from a good knowledge of theory and a good guitar ability? And does anyone know how you'd go about becoming one?

I'm currently in Y11, will have college next year, and I was wondering if I'd need to take up music GCSE at college (didn't pick it at skwl, but i could do it at college as an extra). Or are there any specific courses or stuff I would need?

Cheers, Stearner
Quote by tubetime86

Nothing compliments a Gibson Les Paul Custom quite like a Fender Frontman 15R

be a good teacher, and get CRB checked as well, incase you get child students
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
You need to be well versed in different styles of play, and yes, if you're serious about it you need to get a teaching qualification to be able to charge decent money or get a job in a school or establishment etc.

The more music grades you can pick up on top, the better
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
dont nessaccerily have to be a good guitarist, theres this college teacher I see playing at bars, and he is terrible lol.
Quote by uvq
dont nessaccerily have to be a good guitarist, theres this college teacher I see playing at bars, and he is terrible lol.

Maybe he's just drunk.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
^^ Yep, agreed, +2.

So anway, from what I gather, qualifications can be helpful, but are not essential
Quote by tubetime86

Nothing compliments a Gibson Les Paul Custom quite like a Fender Frontman 15R

I'm also curious about this. I'd love to be able to do something with guitar as a career, and I doubt I'd be able to survive off of gigs, maybe later, but not right away.

I've been told I'm a good teacher. I used to help a lot of people out in my skateboarding days, even with tricks that I wasn't able to do yet. I'm going to be able to teach my dad's friend's daughter coming up soon and I'm also going to be giving my cousin a few tips, so it'll give me an idea of what it'll be like in a way.

What kind of money do most guitar teachers make? No necessarily the ones working in schools and what not, but the ones people go to at a guitar shop kind of place...