Page 1 of 2
That BCR is absolutely great! Do try it out if you have the chance!
Plays really light and has a killer sound.
Ive played several BC Richs in my day...and they seemed like garbage to me.....

they just didnt have that quality other guitars have...
the tone was bad
the set up was bad
and over all they just feel awkward to play
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
I'd recommend a Jackson/Ibanez over a BC Rich any day, at least that's what I've experienced
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
From my experience/what i've heard only the expensive BCRs are good, and when you get into the expensive ones you have better option in that price range.

You are paying for the shape/style
It depends. If you have an old BC Rich (70s and early 80s) they are incredible guitars and are as good as anything out there.

The USA Custom Shop also sells amazing guitars.

The 80s USA and NJ guitars are decent, the Platinums are pretty bad and I don't know about the new ones, as I have not owned one, but the ones I see in stores look pretty crappy.

Ed Roman's site has a lot of info about BC Rich. I'm not saying to buy one from him, but it's got a lot of info and pictures.
Quote by metalhead987
hellraiser ftw

+1

Get the hellraiser
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
That looks like an amazing guitar. The Rich I ordered (ASM Pro) sounds killer. Their higher end models are amazing, their lower end models.....i'm not sure.
Go for it!
p.s. I also own a Jackson and the BC Rich was easy on par with it, the necks a little different but hey!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
I mean it has an ebony fretboard,EMGs and an OFR but i'm not sure how the quality would be. Anyone could put expensive parts on a shitty guitar :p I have to play one but Guitar Center doesn't have any :/
Quote by devilmaycrykid
I mean it has an ebony fretboard,EMGs and an OFR but i'm not sure how the quality would be. Anyone could put expensive parts on a shitty guitar :p I have to play one but Guitar Center doesn't have any :/

Yer, the Rich I tried was built just as well as my Jackson. Korean guitars can get some **** sometimes, but I've never had a problem with them. I guess you can be unlucky sometimes though.
edit: also mine has pretty much exactly the same specs as yours too.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Quote by devilmaycrykid
guitar center doesnt have anything. your right though, ebony board, ofr, emgs, and a mahogany body. it looks like its great. the necks are really nice, i own a bc rich warlock, the sustain is great. i say get it
Low end guitars of BC Rich are shit, much like every other brand. Maybe the other brands are as shitty in their low end department, but still shit, never the less.

That guitar, on the other hand seems like it would be very awesome. I'd go with that over the Hellraiser any day. This year's models are really great, they're getting onto the right track, haha.
Yeah i play stuff like Suffocation,Incantation,Morbid Angel,Deicide etc. Alot of Death metal. Which one would be better for that. I know the B.C. Rich looks more metal but does it have a faster neck than the Hellraiser?
Im not saying OP is a troll. But if I ever wanted to start a Troll-thread, I think I would say something like:

"Are B.C rich guitars good?"

Generally what i have heard is the Bronze and Platinum series are complete garbage, which are the lower budget guitars. Although, I have heard many people praise the NJ series and up.

The guitar you are looking at SHOULD have a thinner neck than a Hellraiser, which isnt hard to do.
is it just me or is this thread filled with br00talz! kids going-

"OMFG IT LOOKS SO KILLER, JUST LOOK AT IT, IT MUST SOUND LIKE A BEAST!!!"

Do not an I repeat DO NOT, get that guitar if you value your ears, get a Jackson, ESP, or Epiphone...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut

Do not an I repeat DO NOT, get that guitar if you value your ears, get a Jackson, ESP, or Epiphone...

what do you base that off of mr.bandwagon.....
mahogany body? used by and esp and schecter

the ofr? oh wait esps and Jackson's in the same price range use LFR's

the pups? oh wait same ones used as the other brands (EMG 81/85)

neck through? people soooo buy these for the shape eh:S

Also its a standard V shape and the shecter is a full 100$US more in most places and has a thicker neck.

Im not saying is better than any of its counterparts but theres no reason in the world to say that this guitar is inferior. Its a matter of taste and I really dont see why the TS would be "saving his ears". Maybe trying something different ? Anyways all I'm saying is you can have an educated opinion but I dont see why the higher grade BC Rich guitars should be attacked for anything.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
ive played a couple bc riches there pretty nice Im going to have to agree that id rather play a Ibanez or a Jackson but there still pretty nice. but beware the flying V shape is cool at first but its a pain in the ass when you just want to sit down and practice and finding a case it can fit in sucks too
People need to go to a guitar store that has that guitar...people are really starting to be ridiculous on this site. Anyway, I played it, it has a slight V-shaped neck on it, not as thin as an Ibanez, not as thick as a Gibson. It played awkward for me since I dont play V's very much, but I played it and the fretboard felt very nice, rosewood or at least darkened rosewood, maybe ebony, but it felt great. it has REAL EMG's folks, which sounded very nice, I played it through a JSX mind you. It sounded a bit thin since I couldn't really turn it up because well, you know, but overall, the V shape felt nice when you have it on you for a while, very easy access to the 24th fret since I have huge hands. The action was crap to say the most, but I will say this, with a setup that guitar would be one hell of a nice stage and recording guitar, sounded good from what I heard once I was able to turn it up after a while, sounded thick and thin at the same time. The hardware besides the bridge looks cheap, but it feels alright, the actual placement of it, makes it get in my way when I'm doing palm muted riffs and when I let go of the chord I always hit my hand on it, but its because I have enormous hands, but it felt really nice overall, I give it an 8, most likely a 9.5 with a proper setup and new strings, Floyd Rose is an original and it was very smooth from what I played.
I can guarantee that over 90% of these people who are hating on BC Rich haven't played anything other than their bronze and platinum series.
Bc rich guitars look like toy guitars for children, and sounds like crap. except for kerry kings signature wich looks badass and sound ok. But you can get much better guitars for half the price.
I find that I can't get the same qualities in Jackson or Ibanez as Schecter or LTD without paying an absurd amount of money.
For every guitar that I've considered by Jackson, I've had to turn down because they didn't have a similar model that features a neck through design. I've tried my friend's Schecter C1 Hellraiser, and I just LOVE the neck through designs, however the neck was huge like xbox.
I have noticed that the Schecters go at a fair price at the same specs + more than similar models made by Jackson. Same goes for a few LTD models.

Another thing I noticed, the higher end BC Rich models (even the plain shapes like the ASM Assassin and the Outlaw.) have similar models with less quality.
I have an old BC Rich NJ Series Bich, which I love, it's a little worn out (bought it used a few years ago.) but it plays great.
Alot of people complain about BC Rich having fat necks, but every BC Rich I've tried all had thin necks, even the ****ty Platinum and Bronze series.
Most people have to keep in mind that you DON'T pay for the shape of the guitar, because they're priced at pretty much everything else, every brand has their entry level guitars which tend to suck big time. I tried a Jackson RR JS, and my friend's BC Rich Platinum Warlock, they both felt like **** to play, even though the necks were both thin, they just felt odd and cheap, I'm not sure how to describe it. The Jackson was around 300, and so was the BC Rich, and they both sucked. Actually, AGAIN I noticed something the BC Rich quality, that the "rad" shapes that everyone loves/hates, LOOK like **** in the entry levels.
Everything seems rounder and looks almost plastic.

The BC Rich ASM Pro, I heard was amazing, it features many qualities that you would look for in most metal musician guitars, neck through design, EMG 81 and 85 p.u, OFR, Alder wood (Not the best but wtv, better than basswood if I remember correctly.), thin neck, 6 in line tuners (Not a fan of 3-3), and a whole ton of extras like the diamond inlays, the wicked headstock (and reversed) etc etc..
I heard the build was great too.
The funny thing was, I couldn't find all these qualities in a Jackson guitar that actually appealed to me without forking out over9000 $, when BC Rich came out with the ASM Pro, it was under 700$.
Unfortunately, I think they realized the price was far too low and had to bump it up to like 900$. Basically something a little more average to every other brand.

Enough on that scrambled rant, I'll get to my point.

I think you should get that BC Rich, NOT because it looks badass, but because I did read some good reviews, and it is a higher end model, I had a chance to buy that one used, but I really want my ASM Pro.

But yeah, with that rant ****, it was mostly because everyone who's hating on BC Rich guitars, have most likely only played the Platinum series and were completely disgusted, or that they think the shapes look weird to distract the buyer or some ****. It may seem realistic, but honestly, they suck just as much as any other brand. They're supposed to if they're entry level guitars.

If you really like that guitar, go for it! I'd suggest trying it first though.

The Hellraiser is good too, but don't pussy out on the BC Rich, just because of a bunch of jack off brand ass kissers who probably never tried a real BC Rich.
Last edited by Eunakritos at Mar 29, 2009,
"Bc rich guitars look like toy guitars for children, and sounds like crap"

My handmades, a USA Mockingbird and a USA Widow disagree.

In fact, they laugh at you and your CNC guitar.

As has been said here before, most folks that dog on B.C. Rich have only played the low end ones.
They also conveniently forget that the brands that THEY love have their share of dogs too.

I've played MANY a crappy Ibanez, Schecter, etc. in the lower price ranges.
Does that mean I think that those brands suck?
No, it does not.

In the end, just get whatever guitar YOU want, and screw everyone else, it's not like THEY will be playing it every day, right?
Quote by Harrydoodle
ive played a couple bc riches there pretty nice Im going to have to agree that id rather play a Ibanez or a Jackson but there still pretty nice. but beware the flying V shape is cool at first but its a pain in the ass when you just want to sit down and practice and finding a case it can fit in sucks too

I always feel weird, because I consider any normal shaped guitars (Strats, LPs, etc) a pain in the arse to play sat down. I always found a V the most comfortable shape. Also, I had no problems finding a case.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Old thread is old
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I find it so funny when people ask is certain guitars are good. Everyone has a preference on what they like to play. Be it shape, action, tone, etc. I personally don't like the feel of Strats. Some don't like Les Pauls because of the weight.

TS, if you want to know if its good, get to a guitar shop and try it out. Only you can tell if it fits your playing style. Nobody else can do that for you.
The Bronze and Platinum series (depending on where they are made) are absolute trash.

The model you're looking at looks alright though. I would check out some Ibanez/Jacksons before you make a decision, though.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Last edited by Wulphy at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by Wulphy
The Bronze and Platinum series are absolute trash.

That really depends on when they where made, I have a late 90s platinum warlock bass that's great (the stock electronics sucked, but that's not uncommon at all in that price range)

To answer the TS' question, B.C. Rich had a severe quality slump from about 2001-2007 they've since been coming out with some very good stuff in their mid-high price lines.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
That really depends on when they where made, I have a late 90s platinum warlock bass that's great (the stock electronics sucked, but that's not uncommon at all in that price range)

To answer the TS' question, B.C. Rich had a severe quality slump from about 2001-2007 they've since been coming out with some very good stuff in their mid-high price lines.

Edited
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by SATHANAS
Bc rich guitars look like toy guitars for children, and sounds like crap. except for kerry kings signature wich looks badass and sound ok. But you can get much better guitars for half the price.

Ive actually played the whole range of BC Rich KK guitars and they are rubbish, sound sterile and really disgusting to play on a neck that feels like plywood....point me to a nice one please??

Overall BC Richs have gotten alot better since when i was a kid starting out and they used to have such bad guitars but its good to see themselves finally take some pride in their models instead of just pawning them off to kids who just want to learn.

yeah they look like toys for kids as people have said but god atleast they are making their guitars better now for a decentish price
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by VanTheKraut

1) You can't call kids "kids" if your going to use that god awful way of saying brutal, especially since spelling brutal with a 's' isn't even a word. It's like saying dumberer, it's retarded.

2) BC Rich has always produced high quality guitars, when it comes to low-end models you just can't say that ONLY BC Rich makes poor ****ty low-end models. Every company makes low-end models that aren't very good, simply because they are "beginner" guitars.

3) Jackson, ESP, and Epiphone make guitars the same way that BC Rich makes guitars by using Alder in a lot of their models, as well as the use of Mahogany. EMG pickups are also used in BC Rich models, as do Jackson. It all has to do with personal preference, if someone likes a BC Rich guitar it doesn't mean they have poor ears, it means it appeals to their taste.

4) lastly and the most important part of my statement, is that....
BANDWAGONS SUCK!!!
stay away from bandwagons and actually open your mind to what's actually out there. think for yourself and don't let others think for you. It's always best to keep yourself OUTSIDE the box instead of inside.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by sharpant
I'd recommend a Jackson/Ibanez over a BC Rich any day, at least that's what I've experienced

this. oh and schecter, but I love jacksons.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by heretic-clown
4) lastly and the most important part of my statement, is that....
BANDWAGONS SUCK!!!
stay away from bandwagons and actually open your mind to what's actually out there. think for yourself and don't let others think for you. It's always best to keep yourself OUTSIDE the box instead of inside.

Wtf is a bandwagon?
Page 1 of 2