Hi, I'm having trouble writing a solo for this song I wrote. Basically the rhythm section is hanging on the same chord(Bm) without changes (execpt a little D and and A once at the end of 2 bars). Song is quite a rocky, bluesy, iggy pop style fandango. Any ideas as to how to approach? I was thinking double stop notes but meh... I'm just finding it hard to keep interesting when theres no chord changes in the rhythm. Its quite long, around 32 bars. Speeds up aswell as a crescendo.

Please help!!!!

NOW UPLOADED BACKING TRACK TO MY PROFILE!!!
Last edited by J_Producer at Oct 3, 2008,
Play what feels right / sounds good to you. Screw the rules.
I really don't think we'll be able to help without hearing the rhythm you speak of. If you could upload at least that section of the song, maybe we could assist with some ideas, recordings ect.

I know exactly what you mean though; the less dynamic the rhythm is, the harder it is to foresee the end result of a beautifully complimenting, colorful lead. But that's not to say that such a thing can't exist without a dynamic rhythm, it just mean's that with more time, you'll have to create a lead that carries its own weight. So that the melodies are almost a rhythm in themselves. Sometimes it seems quite hard, but I think eventually you'll land it. =)
Quote by SamZee
I really don't think we'll be able to help without hearing the rhythm you speak of. If you could upload at least that section of the song, maybe we could assist with some ideas, recordings ect.

I know exactly what you mean though; the less dynamic the rhythm is, the harder it is to foresee the end result of a beautifully complimenting, colorful lead. But that's not to say that such a thing can't exist without a dynamic rhythm, it just mean's that with more time, you'll have to create a lead that carries its own weight. So that the melodies are almost a rhythm in themselves. Sometimes it seems quite hard, but I think eventually you'll land it. =)

Thanks a lot SamZee, thanks for understanding The problem IS just keeping it interesting. I'll upload the section now, I just gotta export it from pro tools and make into an mp3

Not sure how you upload but I'll put it on my profile. Gimmie 2 mins..
Ok: uploaded the section i'm soloing over. Please any ideas, scales, licks ideas or where to go with it would be greatly appreciated. Got proper writers block! The songs in B.
The backing track should be on 'my mp3's' in my profile.
Cheers guys
If someone can show me how to do the tabbing thing i can show the lick but my jist of it is incredibly simple pentatonic from the B starting an octave up from the root. Iggy pop style, i had in mind long bends finishing with a double stop up to B then when it speeds up i just follow the bassline tremolo picking down low.
Quote by RedFez64
If someone can show me how to do the tabbing thing i can show the lick but my jist of it is incredibly simple pentatonic from the B starting an octave up from the root. Iggy pop style, i had in mind long bends finishing with a double stop up to B then when it speeds up i just follow the bassline tremolo picking down low.

sounds cool man cheers dunno what you mean about the tabbing thing...do you have guitar pro? if so you could do it on that? or record yourself playing and put it on your profile with it? or write it out like in txt format:

---3--------------------------------------
---------3--------------------------------
--------------5---------------------------
------------------5-----------------------
-----------------------3------------------
--------------------------3---------------

thanks again dude
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------+14--------------------------------- +/22-22b(14)(Whammy)
-----+14h16b17------+11-------------9h11b13---------------------
----x-------------------------9h11------------------------------
---x------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats one quite cool one i had, start the rake when it goes into the B chord and hit the beats
cool man cheers just been playing that. sounds cool but im not sure of the rhythm for the notes... anyway you could record a wee clip of you playing it so i can hear?
thanks redfez its a cool riff, does any body have any other ideas? its starting to take form tho.... I was thinking maybe just joining in with the rhythm but play a high part on the last 8 bars where its the fastest?