I read on a site that MIM strat bodies are made of plywood! Tell me it isn't true! Before I buy one.
I don't believe so, but in all honesty it wouldn't surprise me in the least. I like the fender design but I'm not really impressed by the company itself. Overpriced and poorly crafted if you ask me.
i cant be 100 percent sure, but im sure its not true.

however its 3 parts glued togheter, but its well done and looks good.
mine does anyway.
They're made of alder, not plywood. Whoever told you that needs a swift backhand.

And to david_highland, I've only found problems really in the MIM Standards, not all of them. Wouldn't say they were overpriced, only £300 aswell, which isn't too bad.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Where in the world did you read that?
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
Quote by Lil Macker
They're made of alder, not plywood. Whoever told you that needs a swift backhand.

And to david_highland, I've only found problems really in the MIM Standards, not all of them. Wouldn't say they were overpriced, only £300 aswell, which isn't too bad.

I haven't had the same experience as you. I'm not saying fender doesn't make decent guitars, just not worth the price tag. I've played several fender guitars in my day, MIM, MIJ, MIA, and nothing about them gave me the slightest clue as to why fender was so popular at there prices. I've played some pre-cbs fenders too, now that's where it's at, quality control was obviously much better back in those days, and the original price of pre-cbs fenders doesn't even compare to the outrageous ones you find today. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, I'm not saying I don't like fender just to piss anyone off, I'm just saying I'm not impressed by any fender made after 1965, and if I were to buy one today they'd have to drop the price of the mims at least 100 or so dollars, and some of the american ones at least 500 dollars. Don't get me wrong, I do like the fender design, which is why I would be more inclined with buying G&L or something of that sort, which are also quite pricey but in my mind the price is justified with actual quality.