So my school's having an acoustic talent show soon. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna play Tears In Heaven. Any song suggestions or performance tips?
Currently in blues mode.
If you really wanna blow them away then try something by Andy McKee or Antoine Dufour.

McKee:
Rylynn
Dream Catcher
For My Father
When She Cries

Antoine Dufour:
Into Your Heart
Mother
Memories of the Future
I've seen Andy live (with Don Ross) and I attended a weekend-long workshop with Don and Antoine...merely being in their presence is fantastic. Don Ross has some really fun tunes as well, look into "Afraid to Dance".

EDIT: Totally dodged your question. Practice the hell out of the song beforehand. You'll feel so much more comfortable on stage.
Tears in Heaven is an excellent acoustic song, but if you can't sing well then you probably shouldn't do it. If you are a good singer (or at least a decent one) than I can see it turning out alright.

However, if you're uncomfortable with singing then you should try some of the above artists or Tommy Emmanuel. He's my personal favourite, though all the songs I've tried to play have been very complex. I can nearly play his version of Blue Moon clearly now.
Don't start crying mid-performance. I would.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Quote by ramm_ty

i probably would but i'm doing a song like wonderwall with my friend
Currently in blues mode.
Quote by ramm_ty
There will never be anything more sexy than a grown man crying whilst strumming an acoustic guitar.

T/S, if you want to win do that ^

Srsly tho, get prepared to sing. People are more impressed with a singer than a guitarist.
Yeah I've finally made up my mind. Angel Eyes by Jeff Healey. It still impresses people with its lyrics and i can do lots with the singing :P
Currently in blues mode.
Quote by demonofthenight
There will never be anything more sexy than a grown man crying whilst strumming an acoustic guitar.

T/S, if you want to win do that ^

Srsly tho, get prepared to sing. People are more impressed with a singer than a guitarist.

There is much truth in that, my friend. Girls will wet their panties over a good guitar player, but it's not even close to the love you will get as a good singer.
You can play those songs that come in books (about certain bands of course) that include the singing melody on the guitar, etc...

"Let it be" for instance (dunno if it is too easy for you)..

(the phrasing is a little bad, I didn't have a chance to fix some parts though)
Attachments:
Let it be.zip
Quote by gonzaw
You can play those songs that come in books (about certain bands of course) that include the singing melody on the guitar, etc...

"Let it be" for instance (dunno if it is too easy for you)..

(the phrasing is a little bad, I didn't have a chance to fix some parts though)

Thanks alot but i've gotten over the song selection process. that was a good suggestion. in case anyone's wondering i'm performing turn the page by bob seger
Currently in blues mode.