So I've decided to try an build a les paul, and have ordered plans online. I've drawn up a list of the parts and such, but am stuck on deciding which wood to use. I'm following the design for a 1959 Les Paul Standard, and I've been recommended to use either Mahogany or Maple, but neither are readily available where I live... any alternatives?
do you live in iraq??? Order online?
Quote by Preid
plants are basicly sex organs on stems, pollen is airbourn jizzum.

So all us hayfever suffers are allergic to plant jizz...
where do you live....cause both are readily aviable where i live
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by jazzman07

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by jazzman07

HAHAHA, oh man... amazing.

Yeah order online.

Also, those recommendations of maple OR mahogany, are actually maple AND mahogany.

You have a mahogany body with a thin maple cap to be a true '59 Les Paul.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Stew mac sells mahogany blanks. Although any of the other woods stew mac sells will work as well. Although Mahogany is the wood which was used by Gibson and still is. Mahogany Body, Maple Top (Burst Versions used AA Maple tops) Mahogany Neck, Ebony Fretboard (some models were rosewood)
Stew mac also sells neck blanks.
Good Luck!
:P I could order from stewmac, but the shipping prices are kinda insane because I live in malaysia. ty for the advice though. maybe I can find a mahogany tree here somewhere
^ LOL HE DOES LIVE IN IRAQ.

Even if you find a tree, you have to cut it down, size it, and dry it.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by _Denzilly_
:P I could order from stewmac, but the shipping prices are kinda insane because I live in malaysia. ty for the advice though. maybe I can find a mahogany tree here somewhere

than you can cut it and dry it for years unless you have access to a kiln you have to find a way to get the wood