How do you ppl find out about bands that you previously hadnt heard of?
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Reading Guitar World, and reviews on ug.
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
Really?

Really?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
The recommendation thread at the top is a good start.

Magazines like Terrorozer, Zero Tolerance and Metal Maniacs are also really good sources.

Nothing beats having a well-informed Dutch friend though.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
UG,Wiki,magazines,youtube, etc.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Ug mostly. Anything in guitarworld i've pretty much heard of. But Youtube does help just go to nuclear blast's home page and that'll get you farrr haha

oh and myspace can help you find alot
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
forums, reviews, recommendations.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Between YouTube, UG, and Myspace its easily done.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by dminishedthingy
try searching Metal-Archives as well

this
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
VG, MH, MA, and random blogspot downloads.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
VG, MH, MA, and random blogspot downloads.

Pretty much this
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Well, when I know only about 1/3 as much black metal as VG and about 1/4 good music as VG and MH, they're the best choices here

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I'm just an under achiever who smokes too much weed.

You wouldn't guess it by how much music I rec around here, but I am damn picky about my music. Damn picky indeed.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
I'm just an under achiever who smokes too much weed.

You wouldn't guess it by how much music I rec around here, but I am damn picky about my music. Damn picky indeed.

That doesn't make you any less knowledgeable about good music
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by VampireGoldfish

Which is the exact reason I like to abuse your knowledge.

According to how much some of my music people find to be "meh" I guess I'm really lenient

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993

According to how much some of my music people find to be "meh" I guess I'm really lenient

For the most part at least....

A lot of music just plain 'ol sucks.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Devix_SG
Reading Guitar World, and reviews on ug.

I'm......

I'm so sorry.

I get a shit ton from Decibel magazine, I get a lot of great recs/info here on UG, and I use Allmusic a lot for finding bands, as well.

I used to use Pandora, but that was a pretty long process of finding good stuff, most times.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Good point VG.

By the way, The Axis of Perdition is flat out amazing. I'd always heard their name thrown around, but never looked about for them (same thing with Agalloch all those months ago), but holy shit.

The Elevator Beneath the Valve is the only piece of music I've ever been thruthfully afraid of whilst listening.

Quote by eggsandham2
Pandora is decent for some forms of music. I still use my Baroque period play list on it from time to time.

It is absolutely horrible for Metal.

And yes Slay, Axis of Perdition is down right frightening music at times. They are very skilled at manipulating sounds to evoke the exact emotion they want from you.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
what do you mean you ppl?
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Pandora is decent for some forms of music. I still use my Baroque period play list on it from time to time.

It is absolutely horrible for Metal.

And yes Slay, Axis of Perdition is down right frightening music at times. They are very skilled at manipulating sounds to evoke the exact emotion they want from you.

+1

I remember having an Opeth playlist (surprise, surprise) and it gave me Kataklysm.

o_O

Now, granted, I hadn't heard of Kataklysm at that time, so I liked it, but what do they have THAT much in common with Opeth that they get mentioned?
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
The rec thread, random UG threads, MR, MA (barely...).

Last.fm also.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
haha, i remember a few years back everyone wouldn't listen to me cos they thought i was an 'elitist'. its good to know that i am helpful though haha makes me feel all warm and fuzzy
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
haha, i remember a few years back everyone wouldn't listen to me cos they thought i was an 'elitist'. its good to know that i am helpful though haha makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

well...you kinda are an elitist. in the best way possible, being that you know pretty much every metal band i'm likely to ever hear, and give awesome recs.
haha, well you are right i am an elitist. these days though you guys tend to be like 'VG and MH are elitists which means i will only get the best bands recd to me from them' whereas it used to be 'hes an elitist, thats the only reason he doesnt like TrendyBandX'
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to