Page 1 of 2
Nice guitars, good build quality to them.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Nice guitars, good build quality to them.

+1 definitly very well built guitars. I've played a few and they have all been really nice guitars. They are definitly good value for money
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Quote by SimplyBen
does anyone know anything about them?

Specifically looking at this, 'cos I think thats a nice looking guitar (some may disagree lol)
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=78543
but I dunno what to expect of it really so all help appreciated

Don't bother getting it, dude.

You need a new amp. You already have an Epi Futura. Get a nice amp to complement it. A Marshall MG isn't even really a true Marshall.
Is that the electrics or the acoustics?
are they like a subsidiary of some well known guitar manufacturer because i've have heard of them?

LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

i tried one (not that exact model) a qhile back and i remember thinking it was not bad for the money... as said above, though, you should probably get a new amp rather than a new guitar...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Don't bother getting it, dude.

You need a new amp. You already have an Epi Futura. Get a nice amp to complement it. A Marshall MG isn't even really a true Marshall.

waaaaiit wait wait! This is really starting to grate on me now!
For starters, if I wanted a new amp I would have asked about an amp, but I asked about a guitar! What the hell is wrong with me owning an MG anyway, I'm not bothered if it's 'not a real marshall' it is an amp, it works well, it was relatively cheap and produces a good enough sound for playing in a small garage. The MG fits my needs and imo it's a pretty good amp for what i want.

Anyway, the Adam Black sounds good from what you guys have said, thanks for that
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

we suggest a new amp because, in our opinion, it'll make the biggest improvement to your tone. if you don't want to take advice, why ask in the first place?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
we suggest a new amp because, in our opinion, it'll make the biggest improvement to your tone. if you don't want to take advice, why ask in the first place?

Let him keep his MG, they aren't bad unless you buy one for ridiculous amounts of money brand new.
Even still, they're an amp to use.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Dave_Mc

I welcome the advice on the guitar, I never asked on how to improve my tone.
I know if i'm gunna improve my tone I'd get a new amp, but for now it's not what I'm looking for or need.
Thanks Kingyem, one person on here that is at least understanding, that is the reason i'm still with my MG, I cannot afford to buy a new amp.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

fair enough. what's the budget for the guitar, £200? is it flexible?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
uhh i can probs go up to around 400 maybe even 500 at a push, just looking for something that I can ask for for christmas and then put money towards so i could get something nice
an explorer is all well and good until you stand up and play blink 182 covers on it and look like a complete dick :/
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

oh, if you can get up to that amount of money, you can do a lot better than an adam black (at least based on the one i tried). if you don't need a trem, it's hard to beat a washburn x50pro for the price (£300 on gak) in the UK... that'd leave you some extra money which you could put towards an amp later (or just save you some money)... if you want to go closer to £500, the yamaha pacifica 812 is pretty sweet. what style of guitar are you after anyway, is there anything you don't want (apart from explorers, lol), any shapes you don't like, any pickup configuration, any type of bridge/tremolo?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'm not a fan of the pacifica really, looking for something kinda LP styled with 2 humbuckers, no trem would prefer a tune-o-matic kinda bridge. Would prefer to stay away from strat / tele shapes or any overly "metal" guitars (BC Rich etc.) but i'm always open to a strat shape. Just looking for something a little different really, thats why I like the adam black, it's a nice shape.

I can spend as much as really, gunna wait until next year for an amp when we start doing pubs and earning a little bit of cash that i can combine with my wages (Y) probs get a nice orange amp
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

^ actually, you can in the UK as shipping and customs would erode most of the savings you americans enjoy.

£500 should buy you a MIJ Tokai LP copy. I'd consider that, if you want a LP-style guitar. Definitely worth trying, anyway. (EDIT: make sure the one you try is MIJ, there are korean- and chinese-made ones too, which are cheaper and not as good.)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hmm had a look at the MIJ, looks quite good but there's no where I could try it really :/
What about Slash model epi' thats quite a nice guitar?
Quite like the look of a squire Jagmaster as well, but does anyone know if it has a thick neck?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

what part of england (roughly) are you in? tokais aren't as prevalent as, say, Fenders, but there are quite a few dealers...

i'd be very wary of PRS SEs, unless you can try several... i tried quite a few recently and really wasn't impressed...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm from west yorkshire, but I can't drive yet so going to try stuff is always a little bit awkward.
Ahh okay, I'll take your word and cast aside a PRS then lol, it was a passing interest as I surfed through gak
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Last edited by SimplyBen at Oct 6, 2008,
i haven't tried those exact gibsons, but cheaper gibsons don't get that great a rep (or at least, the quality control isn't great, you'd want to try several and pick the best, at very least)... also the vixen is aimed at girls, i think? just as a heads-up.

don't discount prs ses either, you may love them. just i wanted to point out that i wasn't that fussed.

i know what you mean about struggling to get to try stuff, northern ireland's not that great for gear either...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SimplyBen
Quite like the look of a squire Jagmaster as well, but does anyone know if it has a thick neck?

The neck is slender and very Strat like. I like it more then the Fender Jaguar HH.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Ahh thats part of my thinking lol, playing a les paul for a large amount of time is never good for your shoulders, however a lighter one aimed at girls won't be too bad
I think I really need to take a trip down to a half decent guitar place to try out this stuff, I think I know where I can try a melody maker so thats part way there, no idea about the vixen or the Jagmaster though

I'd rather get the Gibson than the PRS 'cos i'm not a massive fan of the look of it really it was just a passing thought.

When you say strat like, is it similar to the mexican strats? or are they all the same i'm not too sure tbh :S
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

some of the non-girl gibsons are chambered now... plus some other brands can make lightish les pauls (e.g. edwards, tokai), not 100% sure if they're using better lightweight mahogany, a different species, or if they're chambering too...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I had a go with an original Melody Maker today, and those are ridiculously light! really nice to play, dunno how close the re-release is to the original though?

Gunna have a go with my mates squire jagmaster as well
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

yeah, i'd definitely want to try a modern one, it could be completely different... there's a reason the 50s and 60s gibsons go for a premium, i'd wager...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I did have that thought 'cos the one I tried was £770 and I couldn't work out why it was that much when you can get a brand new one for much less than that.
Such a pain having to trawl round dealers to find one I can try :/

The thing I'm really looking to avoid is the sense of you know you've bought a cheap guitar, I bought a mexican strat pretty cheap and it sounds like a cheap guitar, but my mate has an american and the difference is astonishing. I just don't wanna get a Gibson and hit the same problems
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

yeah, i hear you, i know exactly what you mean. you want to get something which is good value (i.e. cheap but good) rather than something which is just cheap. the other problem is that different people have different ideas of what feels and sounds cheap...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ooh found something nice
Joan Jett signature Melody Maker, £450 so i put my trust in it a little more and it's meant to have a nice crunch to it
can't wait for that baby to arrive in the UK for me to try out

Thanks for your help Dave
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

cheap gibsons arnt very good guitars at all i haven't tried the joan jett meledy maker but if its anything like the normal one id recomend staying away from it. even my brothers vintage mahogeny les paul can be easily crumbled by a mim fender
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
whats a mim fender?
If you mean a fender made in mexico then I strongly disagree
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

I know you said that you weren't interested in the SE PRS, but if you're looking around that price range for a light Les Paul looking guitar, I think the PRS Tremonti SE is a good bet. I have one myself, and it is a lovely guitar to play and has a dual humbucker setup in it. And it doesn't give you a bad back or shoulders, I've played a 4 and a half hour gig with this guitar and I didn't have any problems!

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents, I think it's a fantastic guitar, but I bought mine about4 years ago....so the guy that says the recent quality isn't that great may be right! But at least give it a try, mine is fantastic!
Ah thanks for your thoughts idiotbox
I would love to try one, but I can barely find a decent Gibson supplier around me, let alone a decent PRS supplier lol.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

A really great sounding Guitar in the LP style ishagstrom guitars . i personaly prefer playing a hagstrom over a Gibson and they are in your price range . as far as your amp goes Yeah i could never see the justifcation in spending what Marshall AMps are going for . i have pretty much used lainey and peavey AMPs for the last 30 yrs . another guitar i would suggest looking into are ,mean street guitars http://www.meanstreetguitars.com I was very impressed with how they feel and sound. i played their intruder model

also on that page you had The Dusenburg is the best guiatr on that page (although a bit more than what you wanted to spend ) and this is another Outstanding guitar http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/gretsch-electromatic-pro-jet-w-b/11476
Last edited by VicVanity at Oct 15, 2008,
Hi guys, dunno if anyone will look at this thread again but I hope so
Just found something interesting but I dunno...
(I'm indecisive..)
A Gibson LP special faded DC.
(http://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/shop/view_product.php?product=bst2usgiblpspdc&searchlink=yes&search=GIBSON%20LES%20PAUL%20SPECIAL&page=1)
Is the faded range any good and whats that price like for that guitar?

Cheers
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

i'm not sure, opinion is kind of divided, i suspect QC might be patchy too (i.e. you'd want to try several to pick the best)... i quite liked the one i tried, but it had a very "unfinished" type of feel, you may or may not like it.

I think i've seen them for £499, but i could be wrong.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
£499 sounds about right for the faded range, a faded explorer is about that price.
I hate not living near any decent guitar places. It'll cost me £90 to just order in a JJ melody maker to try

How do you get round this stuff Dave? you said you struggled to get hold of stuff up in NI.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

a lot of the really nice stuff i've tried, i've tried when i happened to be on holiday in london or edinburgh... plus there are a couple of decent shops here, just it'd be a lot better in england or scotland...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2