A music store is giving a price of €550 for this amp (their usual price is €669) Except i have heard nothing about it.... anyone have any experience with this amp?
If its in a shop, go try it?

From my experience - I don't like Marshall's solid state stuff, their bass valve gear tho, its extremely cool!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Sure you cant haggle him down after he has it in and youve had a try?

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
basically what it is, is that marshall were offering a deal on this amp for september, and they have one left in stock, that he can get... he doesnt want the amp for his stock, but he will order it if i buy it. So i cant get him to order it and then decide to not buy it, but if i wait too long, the deal with the supplier ends and he cant get the discount anymore, so to give it to me would mean he loses money
^indeed. I have grown to like Marshall bass amps more and more over the past few months. maybe it's a phase, but they sound better and better.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by creepingjesus73
The MB4410 is one of the valve ones. It's a beast in every sense. I'd say buy it.

It only has a single valve in the preamp to give it a more tubey feel. Do not be fooled by this tho, it cannot replicate the sound of a valve powered head!

Marshall's current valve bass amp is the VBA400. It's not half bad and pretty good value for money too!

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
im really not a fan of marshalls bass stuff. i had their 30 watt solid and it distorted above 2 on volume and broke ridiculously easily. im really not much for theyre valve's either. you could do better with the money or a little bit more i reckon
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by jonnomainman
It only has a single valve in the preamp to give it a more tubey feel. Do not be fooled by this tho, it cannot replicate the sound of a valve powered head!

Technically, it is. Albeit a hybrid. Some say, (and I agree) that valve preamp and tranny power amp is the better compromise, due to the soft breakup characteristics of a valve, and the clean, reliable power output.

Quote by CaptainJack666
... i had their 30 watt solid and it distorted above 2 on volume and broke ridiculously easily...

Must have been a bad one! I've been knocking ten shades of crap out of my 12w solid for 17 years, and other than some scabby tolex and a couple of iffy pots, it's ok. My 60w is perfect, as was my SuperBass years ago. My bro-in-law's 60w is also perfect. Most of the time these things are built like tanks!
And with only the one valve in the 4410, it's not gonna rack up a huge parts bill for valve replacement.