Hey,I'm really into to Led Zeppelin at the moment and I really like Page's tone.
I know he uses Les Pauls & Tele's and Marshalls and some Voxes,but I just wanted some amp settings.
I was looking in the ultimate settings thread but I personaly thought it didn't really sounded right...I thought he used lots of mids and bass and cut the treble a bit.

So anyone has specific settings?
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
I believe he uses Orange amps most of the time.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Page and treble cut don't go together in the same sentence

You need to be a little more specific about which of his tones you're after, some you simply will never get. Name an album, song, or live tone.... A single setting won't cover everything. The setting in Ultimate Settings thread is taken straight from a shitty magazine article on his gear during the 80's, those were his apparent settings then with The Firm, not Zeppelin.

Quote by BD 425

The Oranges during Zep were for the theremin only. Most recently though he has used an Orange.
well all he did was get natural overdrive from his amp by turning his amp all the way up, so if u have a master volume on ur amp, then turn it down, and put your regular volume all the way up. and since you have a tube amp, then it should work well. and no, page didnt cut the treble and the mids, and up the bass...he kind of did the opposite.
plus, they're are very different page tones.
if you want the live tone, then up the treble, natural OD, and lower the bass(not sure about mids)
but if there are other ones u want, then u will have to specify
Many Zep songs feature power amp distortion, which means that you need to turn it up! Turning down the master volume will only get you pre-amp distortion.
Les Paul is a key for sure. At least a good place to start. I play a lot of Zep and the Les Paul really does better justice to his solos.
Gyodt
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by 996ttcab
Les Paul is a key for sure. At least a good place to start. I play a lot of Zep and the Les Paul really does better justice to his solos.

Very true. I'm usually a Tele guy, but when I pick up a Paul it's like I can't help but sound like Jimmy.

Although, If I recall correctly, most of the guitar work on Zep 1 was done with a Tele.
well I'm looking for tones like Since I've been loving you,Communiction Breakdown and Whole lotta love.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Quote by BD 425

Tongue in cheek remark, or serious?

AFAIK, he used Supro amps in the early days of Zep, the Marshall Superleads, and occasionally Hiwatts, as well as a few other amps.

Search "Jimmy Page CROTM".
Quote by K!nj!
well I'm looking for tones like Since I've been loving you,Communiction Breakdown and Whole lotta love.

Communication Breakdown was his Supro. For the solo he has his wah set all the way forward.

Since I've Been Loving You was done on a random amp he found in the studio. The solo definitely sounds heavy on the mids...

Whole Lotta Love will be tough without the proper amp, I've honestly never heard anyone get that tone. Page claims a Vox Super Beatle, more evidence points to a Vox UL amp. For the solo (if you're after the studio version) put the wah all the way forward like Communication Breakdown. There's indeed a fuzz going on there too, it's not the Tonebenders though, it's coming from the fuzz built in the amps, both the Beatle and UL had fuzz.

The best I can do is just outline what he used as I did in the CROTM . A lot of the studio tones just aren't easy duplicate standing right in front of an amp... the man is a recording genius. I've never used any of your amps so I really don't know what settings to recommend you'll just have to fiddle really.