ESP
so, from experience which is better

i know the eclipse wins in looks, but you gotta admit, the viper looks pretty badass with those horns, that you know you're jealous of...

22 fret, bound, ebony fretboard
bound body
snow white
tuneomatic with stopbar tailpeice
2vol, 1 tone
EMG 81
EMG 60
2vol, 1 tone
has a heel
bone nut

24 fret, bound, ebony neck
Satin finish (neck too)
2vol, 1 tone
tuneomatic w/ stopbar
no heel
bone nut
Eclipse
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
i was going back and forth between these two as well, but the LTD 400 series, and i went with the viper. plays like butter, 2 extra frets, and better higher fret access.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I would DEFINITELY try them out, but by looks that eclipse is sexy. I'm not a fan of that SG body style though. But as the features read, looks to me like the Eclipse is the way to go, but check out Guitar Center.
The Gear:
Fender Frontman 25R
Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Ebony
Try them....if not,eclipse is always a good choice,but i d go with viper this time
Both guitars play awesome, and they both sound immence, build quality is second to none.

So you gotta decide wether you want the extra two frets to play around with or if moveing the pickup back to acomidate the frets will get in the way. Also the vipers fret access is far better

Apart from those issues you gotta decide witch one you prefer the look of
the eclipse is the les paul of esp, and the viper is like the SG.

The esp eclipse has way much better look...specially the vintage black
^ no duh they are copies of a lp/sg

but the eclipse very sexy
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
ESPs are rarely at Guitar Centers. Go to the company's website and find dealers near you...they tend to be friendly neighborhood stores that do a great job. Personally, I'd go for the 1000 series, the features are superior (locking bridge for sustain, tuners for stringing ease, and I've heard good things about Earvanas). I'd go for the Seymour Duncan Viper since I always like double-cutaways. The Eclipse 1000s do have 24 frets...though since it's 24.75 scale, it may get cramped.

Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
My vote goes to Eclipse. I've had two eclipses. an EC-50 when I was starting out, and more recently, and Ec-4 or 500 *dont remember specifically which, it was white so i wanna go at 500* that I traded in for my explorer. And I have to say, compared to all the vipers I've played *the rhythym guitarist I jam with has a viper 1000* The eclipse gets my vote. In my opinion, it's classier, and it's a little easier to find without EMG's *I'm a duncan guy, don't flame me*

Ultimately though, opinions are just that, opinions. What you have to decide is, do you want an SG but tilted, or a Les Paul, but slightly les tilted.

Personally, I say screw it, get the EX, but like I said, I play an explorer.
eclipse look sexy
Bedroom Set up:

ESP LTD EC-400 with 81/60 EMG
Yamaha SJ550HR, 1980's Strat (rare guitar)
Crate v18
Digitech Bad Monkey
Vintage 30 Speaker
Metal Muff

Saving up for ESP Uruha's Signature Guitar
Quote by Fast_Fingers
ESPs are rarely at Guitar Centers. Go to the company's website and find dealers near you...they tend to be friendly neighborhood stores that do a great job. Personally, I'd go for the 1000 series, the features are superior (locking bridge for sustain, tuners for stringing ease, and I've heard good things about Earvanas). I'd go for the Seymour Duncan Viper since I always like double-cutaways. The Eclipse 1000s do have 24 frets...though since it's 24.75 scale, it may get cramped.

I may sound dumb but I think the scale length really affects the area of where the pickups are more than the fret sizes, and with XJ frets, no big. Hehe, ESP EC 1000 is a decent cheap route to go, I'm about to switch over to a Korn 7 String though. . . gay band nice guitar.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
It's hard to decide as they both sound great and shaped was based on the usual suspects, but in the end, the Eclipse (with SDs) hands down. Great upper fret access and much more comfortable to play sitting down or standing up/gigging than an actual Gibson LP imo.

I wish they have a Viper that have the 3-way toggle on the upper horn, but I guess I'll have to go to their LA Custom Shop (when I have the money).
I wouldn't say I know which one's BETTER, but I have the LTD Viper 400 and for the price it's a great little metal-monster
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
That Viper for sure, LP guitars are getting old.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
I'm completely happy with my Eclipse. One thing though, the paint on each of the guitars you've listed are different, so it's hard to judge. Although I'm happy with my Eclipse, if I had to choose between the exact two that you posted, it'd be the Viper. Having a satin finish and a glass finish feel completely different, and after playing my VTB Eclipse, I don't want to play anything but satin anymore. There are a few different things you should be looking at between the two models, including comfort. Also, having the toggle in the Eclipses possition takes a little getting use to, where as the Vipers toggle is in my comfort zone. Take a good look at the controlle layout as well on each of them, because that may cause problems. Good luck with whatever you choose, but honestly, you're not going to be able to judge to much without playing both of them.

If you're willing to import, then it's an even bigger selection to look at, due to the different controlle layouts and the FT choices.
Quote by Fast_Fingers

I don't know what your thinking recommending a LTD to someone who want a ESP. First of all, it's not a ESP Eclipse 1000 you're talking about but a LTD EC-1000 and it's features are not superior to the real thing. Sorry, I just hate it when people talk about LTD like it was ESP. Epiphone is no Gibson.

Now for the 22 frets of the standard eclipses, there's a reason. don't you think?
Ugh I've been fighting over this for awhile too

The Viper loses sustain, but IMO the satin neck pawns just about everything on the planet. Seriously.

I want way too many ESPs I want an SV, eclipse (WHY DID THEY DISCONTINUE VINTAGE WHITE?!?!?!), viper, and one of the Japanese strat copies (if they ever make one with scalloped frets).