ok so my friend wants to ask a question
he wants to know which amp (peavey vypyr 15 or line 6 spider 3 15) will get him closest to the tone in canon rock as played by funtwo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xjJXT0C0X4
it doesn't matter which amp is better. as stated before he just wants to know which one will get him the closest tone to canon rock.
his budget is only 100$.
i haven't tried either of them so i cant say.
( he doesn't care about any other song btw playing canon rock perfectly is his only goal in guitar)
Send me off to bed forevermore.
out of the two, i'd get the vypyr. but look at other amps. there's the Vox advt if you want a modeling amp.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by RatmN'Roses

it doesn't matter which amp is better)

Yes it does. Vypyr to answer your question.
Quote by RatmN'Roses

( he doesn't care about any other song btw playing canon rock perfectly is his only goal in guitar)

sounds like my friends when they talk about guitar hero...

but in all seriousness it doesn't really matter...funtwo used a pox xt i think?
and since your friend only cares about one song, then get the spider 3
"Uhh so hey guys I got a paperclip, pocketlint, a pencil, oh hey theres my car keys, uhh yeah and a condom, what could I buy with it?"

Tell him to save or get a Crate V Series.

also: Tell you friend hes stupid, if thats his only goal then hes an idiot because theres so much more to guitar and so many fun roads to take and if he cares about 1 song and doesn't care about the amp and just wants that "tone" for 100 ****ing dollars then tell him to go play something else, like ping pong.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Last edited by (Metal)lica at Oct 3, 2008,
Quote by (Metal)lica
"Uhh so hey guys I got a paperclip, pocketlint, a pencil, oh hey theres my car keys, uhh yeah and a condom, what could I buy with it?"

Tell him to save or get a Crate V Series.

also: Tell you friend hes stupid, if thats his only goal then hes an idiot because theres so much more to guitar and so many fun roads to take and if he cares about 1 song and doesn't care about the amp and just wants that "tone" for 100 ****ing dollars then tell him to go play something else, like ping pong.

Ha ha! That was funny.

Seriously though, the vypyr pwns the Spider in tone(s) so bad it's not even funny. The only thing the vypyr has in common with a Spider is that they are both modeling amps. The vypyr will get you everything from a very nice sounding clean, to a very classic rock, to face melting killer distortion. The Spider will get you a headache and
not much more. The Crate V series amp is also a very good choice as long as you're not buying it to do only metal.
Esupremacy and IbanezPsycho know what they're talking about. Anyone who takes the time to play a Vypyr long enough to figure out how to operate it likes it. It can take a bit to dial in exactly what you want cause it has so much stuff to pick from. It's tone is alot better than the spider after you figure it out. Try one and you'll see.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Esupremacy and IbanezPsycho know what they're talking about. .