Okay, so i wanted to get a floyd rose for my guitar, but then i found out it wud cost me like $400 to install one and everything else(cuz i have a strat). All i want is to be able to whammy without going out of tune. is there any way i can do this that will cost $200 at the most?
Kahler or Wilkinson tremolo, and get a locking nut. It'll be a bit more than $200.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Slide maybe?

If you've got a good ear you could just mess with the tuners. That won't work the same for chords though.
i have the same money problem. I recently broke the floating tremolo of my Floyd Rose and found a new one, usually 230-240$$$ for 50$$ on ebay. so if you are looking for a quality fixed Floyd Rose check out ebay first. if that fails then i agree ith Fast_Fingers to get the Wilkinson.
SDooper Man

Guitars
-Jackson DK2M
-Pignose
-Washburn accoustic

Amps
-Fender Frontman 25w DSP
-Roland Micro-Cube

Effects
-Digitech:Hot Head
-Digitech:Black 13
-Vinci: wah
A locking nut and/or locking tuners might work.

If you're interested in doing a little work, then there is a setup that would work pretty well for you. Buy a tremol-no, a self-lubricating nut, and locking tuners. It won't be that hard to install, it can all be bought on a decent budget, and will keep your guitar in tune like magic.

By the way, what kind of guitar do you have? If it already has a tremolo then the above will work fine, but if not, your best bet is to buy a self-lubricating nut, locking tuners, and a stetsbar (search it up).
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
I've never used a Floyd Rose, but I get great tuning stability with my Wilkinson, paired with locking tuners (Sperzels).
Putting an FR on a Fender strat requires modification....there's a trem that doesn't, but I forgot which one. Sorry.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
well idk if i want a floyd rose anymore if i cud get the same effect without having to worry about the hassles of one(even tho i no u can get used to them). so im not sure about the ebay thing.
sir a, i have tried messing with my tuners and a slide, but i'm like an intense whammy user, and like to do the full whammy stuff like on eruption. and with tuners it takes me to long to reach to the top of my headstock(plus i dont get the right sound i want), and the slide thing wud be way to difficult, plus i still dont get the right sound.
the whammy pedal, i just dont want, i dont want some electronic thing to replace a simple thing like a whammy bar, it feels to weird, thanks for the suggestion though.
i like fast fingers idea though, will it stay in tune just as well as a floyd?
and which one out of the two wilkinsons would be the best? http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolos.html
or are there others that are better?
Don't forget the Stetsbar! I don't know about range, but it holds pitch pretty well, especially with locking tuners. I know you can dive with it, I just don't know if it has the range of a FR.
Quote by stratdud39
i already have a tremelo
its a fender mim deluxe fsr, and i think it already has locking tuners, cuz it comes with the SCN pickups like the american one, and the american one has lokcing tuners too.

you bought a deluxe, and you dont even know what locking tuners are?

and dont say you do, because you would know if you already have them.

and idk why a strat would bother with locking tuners...unless it has a floating tremolo. and i dont think there are any strats stock with a FT.

*correct me*
super vee. .......no mods needed, and its a full floating trem.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
evh didn't have a floyd on his first frank i dont think - he just lubed the nut (ive been desperate to say that) with graphite. and he had good tuners. not locking, just normal good tuners. works well enough for most

you couldn't have just a locking nut put on because when you clamp it down some strings go out of tune, and without fine tuners, you couldn't fix it.

if u really need one, maybe sell ur current guitar and buy a guitar with a floyd on it
Well. I know a couple options. The best way if you don't want the hassle of a Floyd would be to get a DigiTech Whammy Pedal. It's $200, and it does almost everything a Floyd does except a flutter, but you don't have to worry about stringing problems, or any hassle. Other than that, I'd say a Kahler trem but that'd probably be a little more than $200.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Quote by nathanhimmerich

and idk why a strat would bother with locking tuners...unless it has a floating tremolo. and i dont think there are any strats stock with a FT.

*correct me*

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Floyd-Rose-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-517910-i1149758.gc
Quote by stratdud39
i already have a tremelo
its a fender mim deluxe fsr, and i think it already has locking tuners, cuz it comes with the SCN pickups like the american one, and the american one has lokcing tuners too.

I don't think any of the MIM Deluxes have locking tuners, I'll just check. I'd just get locking tuners anyways, it's cheaper.

And there's a tutorial somewhere here that'll turn a Strat bridge into a full on floating trem.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
SUPER VEE TREMOLO.

end of thread XD
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by Paith

/thread. It's a bit more expensive but it is well worth it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
super vee
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by Paith

exactly what i was going to say.
the hipshots not double locking
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.