Hi, I am new and I just recently discover how great Blues/Jazz music is. I hardly know anything about it though. So, I would like some opinions on what Blues cds should I start off with? What are a must have blues cd? Names of albums would be helpful too and not only name of the artist.

Any help would be great. I hope that making a thread about this is ok.

yer its ok,

for artists you should go to the list of blues guitarists that we have at the top of this forum, but you should start of with more popular blues like BB king, SRV, Buddy Guy, Clapton, johnny winter, etc, then if you like what you hear move onto rawer blues like Howlin wolf, robert johnson, muddy water, john lee hooker, delta blues stuff because the later stuff is more intense and can put some people off. but is still awesome. as far as cds go i would youtube those artists and see what you like and then look them up on google to find there albums so you can get the songs you like.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
on 2nd thoughts for albums you could get the 'best of' type albums of the artists you like because they normally have a pretty good selection of music on them.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
Thanks for your help Mr. Blues. Funny you should mention youtube. I was going to start listening to some blues music on youtube. But I thought getting opinions on what are the must have blue cds will be helpful. I guess I will just type in some of those artists that you listed and see what I like. That sounds like it is going to take forever. But I at least I know I will get what I like.

Thanks for your help.
There are a lot of different types of blues. You should check out some songs on youtube to see what you like.
Muddy Waters
Shemekia Copeland
Albert King
Albert Collins
Freddie King
Hound Dog Taylor
Johnny Clyde Copeland
Buddy Guy
BB King
Bobby "Blue" Bland
Sonny Boy Williamson
John Lee Hooker
Howlin' Wolf

Or maybe you might like the popularized blues Stevie Ray Vaughan or Clapton.