I got this thing today, and I set my sound recording and playback to the pod.. did all these things.
But it doesn't sound good. I have even tried other peoples settings from youtube and websites and they don't come out the same as theirs, they sound half as good.
Could this be due to my soundcard, or is this not even in the equation? I want to know if I need a new soundcard to make my recordings sound decent, or if it's something else.
Thanks
If I'm missing any info just ask.
The POD can't connect via USB?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Wait what? Your using the pod through a computer... wow...

Go look up gearbox software somewhere and download the trial, that should fix your problem.
pods are great but the also require a hell of a lot of tweaking to get it sounding great.

most of the presets are pretty much.. mediocre. but you can get some great sounds out of it after tweaking for a good while.

(it took me about 4 months to find all the "secrets" about my pod)

I'm using the XT btw plugged into a USB mixer which leaves for more 'headroom'. when i had my pod plugged into the soundcard.. it sounded pretty weak. it was driving the cruddy soundcard pretty hard causing a lot of distortion and bass "flubs"
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
So would the better choice, tonality-wise, be to get a new soundcard? Cause mine is pretty crappy too, or should I get a USB mixer like you mentions?
Money wise isn't as relevant
well USB mixers are sort of losing their use. they do have multiple inputs.. but they're all mixed down to a stereo track before it even its the computer, so if you were to do vocals and guitars at the same time you wouldn't be able to change the level of either afterwards.

i only do one track at a time so it actually works just fine for me.. and you can pickup USB mixers for pretty darn cheap nowadays too.

in the recording forum a dude named moody supports the presonus sound interface products a lot, so those are probably a good way to go too. I think the presonus usually use firewire which goes for a quicker transfer rate and supposedly less latency (never had a problem with latency either way)
If you're connecting the POD straight into your computer through USB, I don't see how it wouldn't give you enough headroom.

The POD would act as your interface for recording, thus you shouldn't need a USB mixer, as the POD has a buffered USB input to the computer. Maybe the POD works different than I'm thinking with a computer, but if it does, that's just plain stupid. It should function the same as the TonePort does.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Pod to the computer via USB would work just fine. I'm just personally not of a fan how it operates when using usb.

plus, my mixer is louder than my pod when using the headphones.. hehe