how exactly does the fretboard wood (rosewood, maple, ebony) efeect the tone?
im just not sure, cuz the string doesnt actually touch the wood.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by doctorcheeze200
how exactly does the fretboard wood (rosewood, maple, ebony) efeect the tone?
im just not sure, cuz the string doesnt actually touch the wood.

idiot.
vibration.
like your dildo.
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Quote by matt360
idiot.
vibration.
like your dildo.

Dude... rough.

And honestly, it really won't make a ton of difference. Your amp is like 90% of your tone, pickups 8%, wood is like 2% lol. Don't even worry about it, just do what feels best for you, or looks best.

If you really must know though, maple is brighter sounding, whereas rosewood is much warmer. Not too sure about ebony though.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by matt360
idiot.
vibration.
like your dildo.

Wow, you're a real piece.

Honestly, I find that the tonal differences between wood choices in a build, are so minuscule that you shouldn't worry about it. Depending on your decision on how you're going to finish the wood, either buy a cheaper wood (ash, poplar, alder) and paint it, or go with a little more pricier wood (Mahogany, Paduok, Walnut) and clear finish it.

Fretboards have to be a certain density and have a certain strength to them though, or your frets will dislodge themselves, or so it is said. I think you could use just about any hardwood for your fretboard if you wanted, as long as it wouldn't warp a ton when you glue it or put frets into it. So pick a wood that's strong enough so when you seat your frets, they won't go anywhere!
Quote by matt360
idiot.
vibration.
like your dildo.

On the contrary, Dildo's do not vibrate. They are simply a, rubber/plastic/glass etc Phallus.

Vibrators, vibrate. Or pulse, or rotate or expand etc.

Some have ears.
Quote by Skeet UK
On the contrary, Dildo's do not vibrate. They are simply a, rubber/plastic/glass etc Phallus.

Vibrators, vibrate. Or pulse, or rotate or expand etc.

Some have ears.

lol
maple is really bright.
rose wood is warm. ebony is like rosewood but it's a little brighter.

there is also a feel difference.
i think maple feels somewhat sticky, making it not as easy to bend on as a rosewood or ebony fretboard. rosewood is nice, but it can be really porous, so i like ebony feelwise. it's a hard wood with good tone.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by matt360
idiot.
vibration.
like your dildo.

thanks for contributing asshole.

but anyways, i know the tonal differences as stated aboove, but i was just wondering if that was because of vibrations or what
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
When you hit a note, every part of it vibrates. The straplocks, the tuners, the input - the vibration passes through everything. This is why a guitar can sound different if it's hugged close to your body or hanging completely free of anything.

Fetboards effect dynamic response and note attack more than tone though. Ebony provides very clearly defined notes with sharp fall-off, which some people mistakenly confuse for brighter tone and less sustain. The opposite would be rosewood, which doesn't provide quite such definition but the sound fall-off isn't so extreme, which can be confused for more sustain and a thicker tone.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.