<rant>

How the hell can Metallica get nominated for the MTV music awards "Rock out" award and Megadeth didn't? Megadeth has never completely failed at an album, some songs are offish but, none fail as much as new Metallica albums. Barely anyone recognizes them anymore (around these parts anyway) why the hell is one of the greatest bands excluded like this? But Metallica guys are everywhere. Dave practically wrote all the good Metallica songs. Dave has always been influential and has written songs with meaning unlike some bands out there who just write them for the money *cough*RATM*cough*.

I hate it when people say they are "metal" just because they listen to Metallica. I hate to break the news to all you losers but, Metallica does not make you metal, it might assist, if you're an early days fan, but it doesn't do it on it's own. Megadeth doesn't make you metal either, only listening to TONS of metal bands truly makes you metal.

How can such a great band be forgotten by so many people? Megadeth is the best thrash band out there right now (IMO, some people like slayer more but w/e. Metallica is quickly becoming complete fail.).

</rant>

TL;DR:

How can Megadeth be so excluded by many of the metal community. People treat it like a childish gang war, taking sides "Metallica V.S. Megadeth" style. Why is this? Why is Megadeth so excluded even though they are still churning out golden albums?

P.S.: I'm not sure about everywhere else but, everywhere I've been, Megadeth fans have become a dying race.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
If you think Megadeth are ignored by the metal community, you're a moron.

Also, we have threads on Megadeth and Metallica. This goes in one of those places (probably the Megadeth one).
I said:

"P.S.: I'm not sure about everywhere else but, everywhere I've been, Megadeth fans have become a dying race."
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
Answer:

Opinions.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
They rock out more I guess. Because someone doesn't nominate a band you like more doesn't mean you should feel like the metal listeners are stupid. You're basically upset you're favorite band (it would seem) didn't get nominated over a "rival" band.

Btw, Megadeth, too, is becoming fail.
I've been disappointed in Megadeth for the past two, or three even, albums. But that's just my opinion.
Don't worry about it, you like them don't you? Then why does it matter.

You're treating Megadeth as if they created metal ffs. Calm down, people will have different tastes. Some people taste good, other's taste bad.

Just get over it man, it's not worth the stress.
Lol I just saw megadeth a year ago, they're still amazing. mainly because dave knows when to get rid of crappy bandmates. Who cares what happens on MTV? has nothing to do with metal listeners. People that really like listening to music stopped watching MTV like two years after it started.
uhm yeah man im sure rage against the machine is more passionate about their music then dave mustaine. but then again its all opinion
dude, megadeth's bombed every album since countdown...

that being said, i still can't stand metallica
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
1. its all opinion
2. dont let UG know your on your period..
3. metallica rule just for their older songs
4. wrong thread
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
i dont like megadeth or metallica. or anthrax
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Real metal will always be around. I like that most good metal isn't well known , because I don't want the art of it corrupted by morons who are solely out to please the MTV kiddies and record execs. Let them have Metallica, they haven't been metal for years. These little children voting for their favorite "metal" band don't even know what metal is. None of these morons can find their own music without some fake TV bitch telling them what's cool. At least it's easy for us to distinguish who the posers are.
Quote by gagadude
Dave has always been influential and has written songs with meaning unlike some bands out there who just write them for the money *cough*RATM*cough*.

yeah...RATM is all about the money...they perform in front of both conventions for money...Tom Morello put out an acoustic protest album for money (so much money in solo acoustic protest albums...just ask Neil Young)...

Quote by gagadude
I hate it when people say they are "metal" just because they listen to Metallica. I hate to break the news to all you losers but, Metallica does not make you metal, it might assist, if you're an early days fan, but it doesn't do it on it's own. Megadeth doesn't make you metal either, only listening to TONS of metal bands truly makes you metal.

Thank you for clearing that up...I didn't realize there was a specific definition for "being" metal but you're really helped out there...thank god we named you the almighty metal historian and philosopher...

Quote by gagadude
P.S.: I'm not sure about everywhere else but, everywhere I've been, Megadeth fans have become a dying race.

I love Megadeth, so does my girlfriend...seen 'em 3 times in like 18 months...each time the place was packed with Megadeth fans...maybe the problem isn't that there isn't enough Megadeth fans, maybe its that nobody meets your fanboy obsession and therefore does meet your requirements of "Megadeth-fan"

'scuse me, this Megadeth fan is gonna go back to listening to Death Magnetic...yeah, you read right...
Quote by gagadude
I said:

"P.S.: I'm not sure about everywhere else but, everywhere I've been, Megadeth fans have become a dying race."

I know. Chances are there are tons of Megadeth fans in the places you've looked and you're just not paying attention.

This thread still sucks. *REPORTED*