I wanted thicker strings on my guitar (10-52) so I took my guitar to the music shop. I know the repairs guy pretty well and he does a really good job, he finished restringing and tuning it in half an hour (this is with the Ibanez Edge III bridge) and did lots of other things like cleaning the fretboard. The only thing that annoys me is that he doesn't know how the Edge III is a retarded bridge and that it looks different parallel to most bridges. It messed up the action I formerly enjoyed so I tried to fix it. I slowly loosened the screws holding the springs to the guitar in the back and retuned, barely moving the bridge at all. I did it a little bit more and now the bridge wants to stick up at a 45 degree angle no matter what I do. I have tightened the springs to almost what they were before and the bridge still sticks up at this stupid angle. I use the tune E, A, E, A, D, E etc method and the bridge is always sticking up by the time I get to the B string. Am I doing it wrong?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
you need to tighten the springs in the back since you went up to a higher string gauge
Send me off to bed forevermore.
tighten the screws in the back untill it hold tune. Once it holds its tuning send me a PM and I'll walk you through the next step.

EDIT: the next step is fixing you're action how you like it to be.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Yeah, they were already too tight, because the bridge was sinking. So I loosened them, now it is almost as tight as it was originally but it hasn't gotten better for some reason.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
check the angle of the screws. u might have gone back at less of an angle. almost all basic trem bridges on strats and knockoff guitars angle their screws to keep it tighter.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
So should the side with the thicker strings be tighter than the other side? They were even when the guy set it up for me. It was perfectly in tune, but the bridge was sinking.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

The ones that hold it to the guitar.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Wait, so the bridge is tilted 45 degrees up? Lol that sucks. Just get the action you want first, then go a little bit lower, and then tighten the screws that hold the springs in.

It helps if you have a buddy push down on the bridge whilst you turn in the screws, that way there's no pressure on them and you can just screw to your hearts content (lololol)
I got it a bit closer to being parallel, but it still has a very noticible tilt. It is playable now at least.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

i'm not too familiar with that bridge but i still think it might have to do with the angling of the screws. i would go to another repair man.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!