So, I'm thinking of getting a new amp to replace my 10 watt POS in the next couple months.

Right now, looking for an amp that can be used as a practice amp, and when I finally do get to gigging something that can play small venues like bars, etc. Mainly play metal, using an Ibanez SR-305. I was looking at a Fender Rumble 60, and an Ampeg BA112, but haven't really gotten to playing anything yet.

So, any recommendations?
Ampeg has the best tone
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Crate.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
I've heard good things about Crate, and there are some good deals on them on ebay. I'll definitely keep them in mind too.
220 watt Crate for $250. You can't get a better deal. Unlike Behringers, these actually WORK and LAST. No speaker problems, but I do plan on packing mine with an Eminence, Boogie, or Carvin.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Where are you finding that? I did a quick check, most stores I'm looking at say the 220 watt crates are discontinued. There's an 80 watt one for $170 that I'm looking at, that's still a hell of a deal.
from experience the rumbles are pretty good. if you want to be able to get alot of tones though get the ampeg. i played that ampeg once (So worth it by the way) and i got a varity of tones. I suggest the ampeg.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Fender Rumble series is a perfect example of "ok". Not good, not bad.

Ampeg's combos generally have a reputation for being underpowered and overpriced for the tone they give.

Ashdown, Warwick and Acoustic are better brands to look at.

As for thepower you will need, I would say 150W should be the bare minimum you should look for the play at bars. More if the bar takes the music played seriously, and you may need decent band volume. They key is that the amp needs to be loud enough so that the drummer can hear you over the volume he has to play.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
pay 350 bucks and buy an Acoustic B200. it will easily defeat the Ampeg and the Fender.

or, look at them Ashdown.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Mephysteaux
Where are you finding that? I did a quick check, most stores I'm looking at say the 220 watt crates are discontinued. There's an 80 watt one for $170 that I'm looking at, that's still a hell of a deal.

You'd have to look used to get the 220 watt crate. I was going to get it, then the moment I had enough money for it I found out they were longer made. I played it and really liked it but now I'm getting the Acoustic B200 within this month for like 100 USD more.
I have an Ashdown combo, a C115 MAG. It's only 180w, but can be pushed to 300w with an extension cab. I got mine used for about $300, I don't know if you'd be able to find as good of a deal though. But I LOVE that amp.
All your base are belong to us.