ok so i'm wondering if the epiphone valve jr amp head would be good with a 400 watt quad cab with jensen speakers. I really dont care for effects and stuff. i'll get most of my sound from pedals. But for basic clean is it good. (also does it have distortion). and how loud will it get?
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
you do NOT need a 400w cab for an epiphone valve junior
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
It's a single-channel amp, so it doesn't really have "clean" and "distortion"
It will be clean up to a certain volume, then when you crank it past that volume you will get overdrive. To get a hard-rock type sound, you'll have to put an overdrive in front of that.
To get a metal sound you'll pretty much need a distortion pedal.
It'll get too loud for the bedroom at volume 10, but seeing as you're using a 412 cab, I'm not sure what you're gonna be doing with it....
i already have a cab. i just want a basic head where i can get all my sound from pedals. and i want the amp to be able to get loud.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
If you want to play cleans over a drummer and other bandmates, I'd say go bigger than 5W.
If you want loud cleans look into some high wattage solid state amps, or even a JC120.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by NSHSpolevault
ok so i'm wondering if the epiphone valve jr amp head would be good with a 400 watt quad cab with jensen speakers. I really dont care for effects and stuff. i'll get most of my sound from pedals. But for basic clean is it good. (also does it have distortion). and how loud will it get?

the 400w quad cab you speak of is a Behringer, no? That's a bad idea anyway. Them things ain't the greatest.
But no. It has no clean headroom. Look at a Valve Standard or as Sam suggested, a JC-120.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
And even then it isn't going to be easily heard. Check it, find a used head of some respectable brand, whether it be a peavey 6505+ 120 watt, a used marshall jcm 800, or hell even an hd147 line 6 head. They'll all be good and loud.
basically i'm looking for a cheap (not quality wise) head to go over a drummer. i dont care for effects and stuff i just want a basiclly good sound.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
do they have a decent sound. i was actually looking at them but didnt kno of their quality or anything.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
i know. go and try out the amps that are in your budget range and pick one that sounds good and is loud enough! what a concept!!!!!!
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Quote by NSHSpolevault
do they have a decent sound. i was actually looking at them but didnt kno of their quality or anything.

A 400 watt cab will not make a 5 or 15 watt head "louder"...it's not even worth getting one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com