This is a really cool demo. The vocals sound great, except for a few pops early on.
The guitar lead at the end sounds crappy, I can't quite decide if it's just the tone, or if some of it is what is being played.

Either way, I think this is a really cool song.

As for mixing, you should be mixing for it to sound reasonable on all systems, which is why it might be a good idea to use reference tracks. Find a song that you like the mix of, and import that into your session, and try to roughly balance your mix to the sound your getting from the reference track. Make sure it comes off a CD (or is just uncompressed), though, because otherwise you're not quite getting everything.

Obviously you're not going to get much bass on a shitty computer speaker, but you can get it to sound like other pro songs on shitty speakers.
Quote by gunther_sucks
Did you get my PM?

I did. Thank you for the honest crit. I'll be sure to extend the solo in the final version.
Quote by fleaflicker182
The guitar lead at the end sounds crappy, I can't quite decide if it's just the tone, or if some of it is what is being played.

That's me. I honestly just took the first take on that one... I mean it is just a demo. Alas, you are correct, it does sound subpar at best.

Quote by fleaflicker182
Either way, I think this is a really cool song.

Thanks.
thanks for the crit, i think the vocals are a little loud, and kind of staindish. it's got potential and the only part i really don't like is the lead at the end
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
Quote by TenaciousLSD
thanks for the crit, i think the vocals are a little loud, and kind of staindish. it's got potential and the only part i really don't like is the lead at the end

Argh, that's the 3rd mention of the end... in a row. Now I HAVE to go change it...
Quote by Airman Kai
Argh, that's the 3rd mention of the end... in a row. Now I HAVE to go change it...

And done. Check out the redone 2nd half, it's mo' better. If it sounds bad to your ears now, then it's because of me sucking at guitar or something.

(also, for reference, the original demo is on my UG band page)
Quote by Airman Kai
And done. Check out the redone 2nd half, it's mo' better. If it sounds bad to your ears now, then it's because of me sucking at guitar or something.

(also, for reference, the original demo is on my UG band page)

...its better but still lacking imo... maybe don't do a lead do something more textural?
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
Nice song. The mixing seems pretty good if a pinch bassy [listening to it on my headphones].
The lead is ok maybe add a little more melody but I hear leads like that in most mordern songs. I also like you're voice. Overall good work.

Crit 4 Crit?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=971097
"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life.Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!" ~ Billy Connolly
Quote by TenaciousLSD
...its better but still lacking imo... maybe don't do a lead do something more textural?

I know what you're saying... I'm writing an awful lot of downtempo music, so I think I'm subconsciously trying to inject something harder. I'll take a closer look at it before it hits the stage.
this one is also very good, maybe it could be a bit faster though? Just a thought. Take it for what it is, but to my ears even has a third eye blind feel to it.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
I think that the vocals and the lead guitar are a bit too loud, the lead guitar in particular drowned out the drums a bit there was also some popping towards the end i'm not really sure what you should do about that though. But on the whole i thought it was very good.

any chance you could crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=974147