Page 1 of 2
Read the story here: http://www.cbs46.com/news/17619560/detail.html#-

Basically 3 kids drank cough syrup and OD'ed on it. Paramedics were called, one of them flatlined and was brought back. Turns out I've known 2 of them for about 5 years. So I felt sad and I didn't want them to be sick or anything, yet I don't feel completely bad. They chose to do drugs and over dose and get sick.

My Facebook is being flooded with "Pray for the guys, God Save Them" etc kind of things. Yes, I feel very bad for them. No one wants to see their classmates taken away in an ambulance. People thought I was being an ass when I said that while I feel bad, I'm not going to flip out because I don't "feel bad."

So am I being an ass? I've already apologized to people for saying it but a few are still mad at me.
Yes.

oh that is great!

"'Evil men have no songs.' How is it that the Russians have songs?"
If that makes you an ass, I'm a fucking sociopath. I'm not a sociopath though.

So... you're not an ass.
you dont have to 100 percent sympathize with them but you should at least hope that they get out ok and feel bad that they made that choice.

i dont get what you are saying here, you say that you feel bad for them, but you dont feel bad??
please explain
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
No, they were being stupid and paid the ultimate price. It sucks, but it's the way it is.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
No, they're ****ing retarded, I would be in the emotional state as you. Yeah, I would feel bad, but it's their own damn fault.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Quote by Fuzzbox91
you dont have to 100 percent sympathize with them but you should at least hope that they get out ok and feel bad that they made that choice.

i dont get what you are saying here, you say that you feel bad for them, but you dont feel bad??
please explain

I'm saying that I feel bad for them because they got very, very sick and had to be taken to the hospital. I don't want to see them hurt or anything. But I don't feel bad because they overdosed and did it with their own freewill.
Quote by The_Paranoia

Basically 3 kids drank cough syrup and OD'ed on it. Paramedics were called, one of them flatlined and was brought back. Turns out I've known 2 of them for about 5 years. So I felt sad and I didn't want them to be sick or anything, yet I don't feel completely bad. They chose to do drugs and over dose and get sick.

My Facebook is being flooded with "Pray for the guys, God Save Them" etc kind of things. Yes, I feel very bad for them. No one wants to see their classmates taken away in an ambulance. People thought I was being an ass when I said that while I feel bad, I'm not going to flip out because I don't "feel bad."

So am I being an ass? I've already apologized to people for saying it but a few are still mad at me.

Well, there's your answer.
You're*
Quote by The_Paranoia
I'm saying that I feel bad for them because they got very, very sick and had to be taken to the hospital. I don't want to see them hurt or anything. But I don't feel bad because they overdosed and did it with their own freewill.

so you dont feel bad that they made a poor decision that caused them great consequences? while it is 100% their fault, its bad that they decided to do that.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
No.

You should hope that they come out okay, but you shouldn't feel bad for them. They picked a stupid drug to mess around with.

I have nothing against trying to get high on cough syrup, but if you fuck up and OD on it, then that's your own stupid fault.
would i be considered an ass if i comment the story with UG FTW!???
Quote by Punk_sg

Pretty much. I knew 2 of the 3 kids man, I still care about them.
South Forsyth High School in Cumming 

First thing I noticed

But nah, I would be the same way as you. Though, we could both be asses...
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
No. They were dumb enough to take try getting high on cough syrup.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I'd think the exact same way. Obviously I'd feel bad about my classmates being sick and I'd hope they come out of it okay, but at the same time it's their own damn fault for being stupid and drinking cough syrup. So no, you are not an ass.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Some things shouldn't be said to some people.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
i agree with you, mate. then again, i hate pretty much everyone, so.....

sometimes, it's the right thing to be an asshole. those ****ers deserved it.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Quote by silhouettica
South Forsyth High School in Cumming 

First thing I noticed

But nah, I would be the same way as you. Though, we could both be asses...

Try being told "Dan were moving to Cumming, Georgia."
Quote by The_Paranoia

That happened last year. A kid in grade 9 was hit by a truck and died, and the entire school went into hysterics for a month or so. Random people who didn't even know him made facebook groups and all that kind of shit, it just didn't make any sense. Sure I felt bad about him dying, but really I didn't know who he was and I wouldn't have been able to pick his face out of a crowd before he died.

So no, you're not an ass. You're just a normal person living in the "drama generation."
Quote by Punk_sg

i wouldn't
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Nah, they're jut being retards. You're not an ass. Honestly, OD'ing on COUGH SYRUP!? Russel, what the ****!?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
you're not an ass
don't worry about it

they will be okay , even if they are stupid ..getting high with that ... well. they kind of deserve it
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
I'd say no.
They're fucking idiots, and they don't deserve your, or anyones, sympathy.
I would of called them stupid fucks on their death bed.

I'm a cold asshole and proud.
Natural selection at its finest.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
The people who think you're being an ass are mistaking your apathy for a desire to watch your friends die. Obviously, you don't want them to be hurt. You're just apathetic. Nothing wrong with that.

If MY friends did that, I'd do the same thing.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by The_Paranoia

I do. o_0
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
HAHAHAHA, they had an emergency code blue medical lockdown because three people got sick?
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
darwinism
dont feel bad
i wouldnt have
but usually other people dont apprecaite people not being sympathetic
i keep my asshole thoughts to my self
you probably should too, in effort to get through life without constant foot in mouth moments
No.

/thread
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
I would've laughed and just chalked it up as another victory for natural selection.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
no ur not an ass. Are they really that desperate for a high to try and drink cough syrup, you get NO pleasure while attempting to reach that high, plus it's ****ing dangerous (or so this story proves?)

Cough syrup?....are you ****ing serious?
Page 1 of 2