....And I want to know if any UGers have used it before I order it. If any of you have used it, what are your impressions of this guitar? I read reviews on this website, but they were mixed. I was wondering if the tone was good for genres like neo-classical and power metal, stuff like Dragonforce and Yngwie. Thanks for any input.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
I wouldn't get it. The LFR on it isnt good at all. Very stiff and the tuning stability isnt the best. I wouldn't recommend getting a cheap guitar with a Floyd Rose, because you will just regret it later on.
Quote by steel337
I wouldn't get it. The LFR on it isnt good at all. Very stiff and the tuning stability isnt the best. I wouldn't recommend getting a cheap guitar with a Floyd Rose, because you will just regret it later on.

Right, thanks for the input. What is an LFR though?

...Anyway, If I'm not gonna get that, I still want a 24 fret, Floyd Rose metal machine for around $300, any ideas? Or am I screwed?

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Last edited by black007hawk2 at Oct 3, 2008,
Quote by black007hawk2

...Anyway, If I'm not gonna get that, I still want a 24 fret, Floyd Rose metal machine for around $300, any ideas? Or am I screwed?

LFR stands for Licsensed Floyd Rose trem. try looking at some Jackson guitars.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by black007hawk2

Yeah for $300 you can't really get much that'll last you very long, especially with a floyd rose/floating trem bridge.
A friend of mine had one of these...

Very nice feeling neck, but the FR was junk and had terrible tone.
Quote by leviticus_22953
LFR stands for Licsensed Floyd Rose trem. try looking at some Jackson guitars.

Thanks for explaining that.

So according to all the replies, the Floyd Rose is junk. If that's the only problem with it, I might as well get it, then upgrade and get a new Floyd Rose in about 6 months. This sound like a good idea?

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Last edited by black007hawk2 at Oct 6, 2008,
I owned one and blocked the trem on it from hating it so much, and eventually sold it. I say save up more $ for something better, you won't regret waiting it out a little bit more for something of higher quality if you're looking for a floating trem
Quote by bowen
I owned one and blocked the trem on it from hating it so much, and eventually sold it. I say save up more $ for something better, you won't regret waiting it out a little bit more for something of higher quality if you're looking for a floating trem

Alright, you convinced me to wait and get something better. While I'm here, what would be some of everyone's recommendations for FL guitars?

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
ibanez rg1570, schecter hellraiser fr (or whatever the model is now), esp ltd 1000 series, jackson sl3... just depends on what kind of neck you like and what pickups you want, they're all vaguely in the same price range +/- 200 bucks.
Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMG
ESP MH-400
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser

All great guitars for under $800.