...why do you need books? just find a song and try to learn it by ear. the more u do, the better you get
A.K.A. Titanguy
Quote by shredbeyndshred
...why do you need books? just find a song and try to learn it by ear. the more u do, the better you get

If you aren't going to help then please don't coming in.
...ok...you brought it upon yourself. Why dont you stop being a moron and go to google.com , Type in "best books for ear training" and look at the vast list of books. They even have free ones!

In fact lets be more insulting! You'll never get no where reading on how to get good ear training you must use that other sense...oooh what is it called, i think its called HEARING! LISTEN TO MUSIC AND PICK THE NOTES OUT! You don't need no freaking book to do that. Unless your tone death. Which case...you probably are.
A.K.A. Titanguy
yar, i'm with shredbeyndshred, you're a dumbass for insulting someone who gave u pretty dec advice
books might help, but if you really want to develop an ear, listen to some tunes and try playing the parts or riffs
Quote by Graveworm
If you aren't going to help then please don't coming in.

I too hate it when people coming in and dont help.

The irony is thats what this post is doing
Quote by shredbeyndshred
...ok...you brought it upon yourself. Why dont you stop being a moron and go to google.com , Type in "best books for ear training" and look at the vast list of books. They even have free ones!

In fact lets be more insulting! You'll never get no where reading on how to get good ear training you must use that other sense...oooh what is it called, i think its called HEARING! LISTEN TO MUSIC AND PICK THE NOTES OUT! You don't need no freaking book to do that. Unless your tone death. Which case...you probably are.

You're the idiot. Not everyone has the ears to point out prefect pitch. It is clear that you don't have a sense of theory either. Have you heard of Perfect pitch, intervals, or anything? I'm trying to improve my ear and knowledge of theory.

Seriously, if you aren't going to contribute anything than GTFO. I'm asking for books that will help me with my ear training. I'm done fighting with you and if you spam my thread one more time, I will report you.
Quote by troche041
yar, i'm with shredbeyndshred, you're a dumbass for insulting someone who gave u pretty dec advice

I'm asking for fucking books that with help me with ear training and theory, you idiot. listening to tunes wouldn't teacher you intervals or anything like that.

Quote by BFMV fan
books might help, but if you really want to develop an ear, listen to some tunes and try playing the parts or riffs

I do but I want to have more of an advanced theory behind it so, that I will know what I'm talking about and what I'm doing.
http://www.musictheory.net/trainers/html/id90_en.html

Now stop insulting those trying to help you. I'm sorry, but you can't learn everything from reading.You can't learn how to play guitar from reading, and you can't learn how to hear from reading. Also before you tell someone you want a book for ear training And Theory you should check your first post, because the bolded part isn't included. What Shredbeyndshred suggested is probably the best way for developing your ear in terms of applying it to playing guitar. If you want to read about ear training, look through the countless threads already on UG, there's really no need for a book.

Hope this helps,
Gelato.
Not a huge fan of bees
Last edited by Gelato at Oct 4, 2008,