times new roman hey everybody, i got a problem. I have a epi les paul, and it sounds horrible, i got it used for a hundred bucks with its hard case about a year ago and recently the sound is just terrible. it goes outta tune with in a minute or two and the pick ups sound like crap, i love the body and i want to keep it, so i was wondering what kinda pick ups i should get to replace them (im incredibly broke so i was thinking something like a seymour duncan) i play a little bit of everything, from grunge to acid rock and i need something that will cover it all, what would work the best?
I recommend a new guitar... I'm not sure about you, but I wouldn't want to spend more money on pickups than I did on the axe itself. But that's just me. You said you want to keep the body, so I guess either go with SD or DiMarzio... They'd probably cost about $80 a piece though.
what amp do you have?

get it set up, adjust the height of the pickups maybe, tighten the screws on the tuners....... pair this with a nice amp (assuming you have a crappy one) and you'll be better off than just buying new pickups
but seriously if its a low end epi get new guitar if its a highend aka standard with those trapazoid inlays and higher get new pickups
what kind of epi. les paul, standard, studio, special, etc... they all have diffrent pickups
Quote by mjcgathering
times new roman hey everybody, i got a problem. I have a epi les paul, and it sounds horrible, i got it used for a hundred bucks with its hard case about a year ago and recently the sound is just terrible. it goes outta tune with in a minute or two and the pick ups sound like crap, i love the body and i want to keep it, so i was wondering what kinda pick ups i should get to replace them (im incredibly broke so i was thinking something like a seymour duncan) i play a little bit of everything, from grunge to acid rock and i need something that will cover it all, what would work the best?

i'm not suprised about it going out of tune a lot. ive heard that problem loads. it cos they arnt set up very well out of the factory. take it to a guitar store and have them set it up and ask them what they think about pickups and what to do
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Quote by Horlicks
Comic Sans I think a new guitar might be a better investment to be honest.

Courier New you have no freaking idea how funny i found that.

lmao i can't quit laughing.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Oct 6, 2008,
Quote by mjcgathering
times new roman

wingdings I love you for this.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Last edited by Athetosis at Oct 6, 2008,