my band just lost a bass player and we have shows booked and i was wondering if you guys could help me find a cheap combo for small venues and practice. my price rang is 300 and i have an epiphone thunder bird and a bc rich warlock both 4 strings. i have a little peavey 10 watt practice amp that i love with a simple 3 band eq and volume so im not lookng for a lot of bells and wistles. how many watts do i need?

thanks
If you're competing with another drummer and guitarist, most would say 150-200 watts minimum.

Check it

I hear good things about that. Also check out used sections on eBay, Craig's List, etc.
For shows, 300W is preferable. And that's real watts, not Behringer Watts.

I seriously doubt you can get that with 300£, and god help you if you are talking about dollars. You could try second hand shops, but your best bet may be to get a DI box and feed straight into the mixer, if you can guarantee that all the venues will have a PA system, mixer etc you can use.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
If its pounds, you can get a laney RB8 from Gak, fairdealmusic and probably other places too for £300. Brand spankin new too.

edit: Oh, its 300 watts too.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
what would that be called? a Fibson with Gender confusion issues?
I recommend that Acoustic brand as well. I don't know why they're so cheap.. in some ways it's a legendary brand and the tone and features are way too good for how low they're selling them. Not complaining though. I'll be picking one up next month now that I'm in a band and need something bigger than my Ashdown practice amp.

Good luck.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Quote by |Heretic|
If its pounds, you can get a laney RB8 from Gak, fairdealmusic and probably other places too for £300. Brand spankin new too.

edit: Oh, its 300 watts too.

its only ~180~ out of the box
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I'd say 150 Watts upwards for gigging mate. £300 should get you a decent amp. I have a line6 Ld150 , which as you may have guessed is 150 watts, for £300 and its brilliant, definitley worth the money.
Go used. Grab as much wattage as you can afford.

Worst comes to worst. Rent something or borrow something.
He lives in the US, though, so it's probably 300$.

In wich case he should definatly go used
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Quote by ScottB.
its only ~180~ out of the box

I thought that was ashdowns '300' watt........

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
what would that be called? a Fibson with Gender confusion issues?