Im looking for a tone similar to pete wentz's bass in dance dance. I would find it myself, but Im extremely bad with tone and cant seem to get a decent tone to save my life. I know he isnt the best bassist in the world, but Im looking for something kinda similar to that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Mids and highs. Boost them. P bass. Get one. Lows. do whatever.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Mids and highs. Boost them. P bass. Get one. Lows. do whatever.

How much though? Right now I have my bass at about 5, mids at 7, and treble around 9. It sounds alot better than than it use to, but it still leaves alot to be desired.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
What Kind of Bass do you have?

Play it with a Pick.

Maybe roll the tone on the bass off a tiny tiny bit.

(try Mids 8 Treble 8 Low 5)
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
You can't do it, because you arn't Pete Wentz, our lord and saviour....
...Okay I'll stop now.

In all seriousness play with a pick as close to the neck as you can and boost your mids.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Smash across all the strings with your pick, but mute the ones that you aren't meant to be playing with your left hand. Ta-da, Pete Wentz tone.

In all seriousness, (although I am deadly serious), P-bass and boost mids and highs, play with pick.
signature
Quote by Ktool The Girth
Im looking for a tone similar to pete wentz's bass in dance dance. I would find it myself, but Im extremely bad with tone and cant seem to get a decent tone to save my life. I know he isnt the best bassist in the world, but Im looking for something kinda similar to that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like you're on the right track to me.
get a really thick pick. play hard. mute strings you aren't using. don't do said picking too close to the bridge.

though, I have to agree with ol Bump. not the greatest P-bass tone by far...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Play with a pick between the p/up and the neck and keep your mids around 5, your treble at about 8 or 9, and your bass at 6.

Although he doesn't have the best P-bass tone. That honor belongs to Jim Kale on American Woman.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you're on the right track to me.

Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ